Intermat is saying Barry Davis contract extended!

Started by leg turk, April 24, 2015, 02:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numbers

Quote from: leg turk on April 24, 2015, 02:38:52 PM
Until 2018

Really was just extended one year today on his rolling three year contract.

leg turk

Quote from: Numbers on April 24, 2015, 03:28:25 PM
Quote from: leg turk on April 24, 2015, 02:38:52 PM
Until 2018

Really was just extended one year today on his rolling three year contract.

That's what they said on their facebook page.

leg turk

Alvarez must have been impressed with the year coach Davis had.

Ghetto

I think it's interesting that they roll another year on to all of them. I get Bo Ryan. He's not leaving, but lock the guy up for his career. The rest they shouldn't be moving so far out on. Will they do the same for Chryst?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Looks like we're in for mediocrity for a few more years

buc65

Quote from: Ghetto on April 24, 2015, 05:25:59 PM
I think it's interesting that they roll another year on to all of them. I get Bo Ryan. He's not leaving, but lock the guy up for his career. The rest they shouldn't be moving so far out on. Will they do the same for Chryst?

Gary Anderson had a five-year rolling contract that was extended in March 2014.  Chryst likely has the same setup and this time next year you'll hear that his contract was extended for a year as well.

leg turk

Bah humbug!  Time for a change, Alverez- listen to the public!

Black Cloud

stp

Great move by Madison.  They are getting some quality young recruits these next couple years who no doubt will use their UW education to the fullest beyond wrestling.  

*where does the wrestling team rank among all UW Madison varsity sports for accumulative GPA?

While I wish Barry Davis was given more support from the Athletic Department (financially) I don't feel a change in the head coach position would mean better results. 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Handles II

I believe Barry is 54 years old. This contract would take him to 57 where if he so chose, or the athletic department chose, he could probably retire.
Ok, it sounds like a done deal and supporting the Badgers should be our main goal. I'm in for the next 3 years to back Barry and his staff. There are some good kids currently on the team and hopefully some good recruits in the future.

foose4

Quote from: Ghetto on April 24, 2015, 05:25:59 PM

If you look at it, 3 of them had contract MAINTAINED (kept as original so 4 years left) and 3 had contract EXTENDED (meaning another year added so 5 new years)
"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is."
Zig Ziglar

wrestle03

The Angry Fish - which is the new user name of Coconut Joe after we was banned and suspended from the forum.  Welcome back Coconut Joe!  You were the idiot that claimed JT was gonna be a 4 time NCAA national champ! 
Glad to see you back stirring the pot and talking stupid.