Badger Conference Tournament/team and individual wt class predictions

Started by boowrestle, January 31, 2015, 07:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricGuy

Wraslen moms can be nuts, but I tell you - Hockey parents are maybe even a bit more nuts when it comes to yelling and fist a cuffs from the stands, then to lobby and then to the parking lot.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Mack

I've heard that about hockey. Sounds exciting.  Sort of.  I'm actually a little afraid of rabid fans.

ElectricGuy

Mack - honestly some of the nuttiest Hockey fans I have ran into this year was in Sauk - LOL   Must be in the water.   ;)

Troy Grindle

electric guy,

nice breakdown but I have a couple more that you can put in there as contenders.

106 Dalton Frakes from Mount Horeb is state ranked and will make some noise.
145 Austin Strahm from Mount Horeb is a very solid wrestler and should do well.
152 Brad Jones from Mount Horeb is very strong and will be in the mix to win it.
182 Matt Blome is a wrecking ball and has only lost once this year and is the bi state champ.  He will be very tough to beat.
And then there was that.

ElectricGuy

Tony,  Thanks for the update.  Sorry I miss your guys.  I used to follow you guys closer when a few years back when you had some studs of Crum, Bowar, Luther, Faust....   I was expecting little Faust to make some noise this year, but see he grew quite a bit and probably stuck behind Strahm and Jones.

Troy Grindle

Quote from: ElectricGuy on February 06, 2015, 07:37:52 AM
Tony,  Thanks for the update.  Sorry I miss your guys.  I used to follow you guys closer when a few years back when you had some studs of Crum, Bowar, Luther, Faust....   I was expecting little Faust to make some noise this year, but see he grew quite a bit and probably stuck behind Strahm and Jones.

Not my guys anymore.  I moved to Waunakee a couple of years ago and now coach at Waunakee.  But I did at one time coach all of those guys in club and high school.  We dueled them last week and those were the kids that stood out to me on their team.  When Seiler left he left with the cupboard full.  MH has some good kids on their team.
And then there was that.

ElectricGuy

OK - I know you guys have been waiting on the - "Electric Picks" of the day.

Maybe be a bit of homer here, but hey why not...

106 - Klien over Shea in a shoot out,  Shea slips by Frank's in the semi's and Frank wins a close one against (mack's boy) Zeke for 3rd place.
113 - Jenny over Hanson in 4OT match,   McMillen beats out Harms for 3rd place.
120 - In the upset of the day Louis squeaks out a controversial upset against Shea, just weeks after getting shellacked by Shea in their dual loss. (Gives all the credit to his old man participating in his 4am 10mile conditioning runs with him  ;) )  Lorenz TF's Gohlke for 3rd place
126 - In another barn burner (and repeat from 2wks ago) Hasselberg beats Fosser 21 to 19 in the battle of takedowns and funk, Earnst beats Garret for third place in a close match leaving Murray out the outside with 5th.
132 - Model beats Hankins in semi's to setup a rematch vs Woods, Model wins this time around, Hakins wins his third place match again Gohlke
138 - Kraus cruises to the top of the platform with win against Chesmore, With Mayllen winning 3rd place against freshman Greg Fisher
145 - Freshman Dow upsets #1 Smith with a questionable td in the last seconds (Mack goes crazy charges the mat and assaults the ref - Milton Police take her away)  While all that is happening Stram takes 3rd with a win against Gohlke)
152 - (Surprise winner) beats Hemaurer in a battle of TD's,  Jones ends up narrowly beating a very good Haugen from Reedsberg. (who is way under-looked)
160 - Poches from Portage (hey that has a ring to it - great parents) narrowly beats Billy "the kid" Pitzner,  for third Forrester easily cruises...
170 - Gunner (how can you not be a good wrestler with name like that) Helland upsets first Powell in Semi's and then revenges his earlier loss and wins in a close match against MacCarthy.  Powell cruises easily to third..
182 - Willeman beats Reedsburg's Dalton Hahn, For third place Waunakee's Trevor Stats  beats Forts Dunkelburger
195 - Benton upsets Wan - Hooker for first (the Badger St match that didn't happen), Gale wins third place
220 - Monroe reminds everyone that they are still around with Gorr beating Ripp from Wan,  Sauk's Neumaier easily wins third place.
Hwt - (Electricguy's lock of the tourney - well other than Kraus) Topel Deforest wins with a first period pin against Nelson - Milt,  Niemi defeats Hoho for third place.

Stoughton squeaks out a tournament win and a tie for the conference championship.    If it doesn't work out this way - it's because of the seating and me being a homer had nothing to do with these picks  ::)

Hope all know this is in just good fun  ;)

Troy Grindle

And then there was that.

boowrestle

Definately some homer picks :)/good to see the Badger conference fans can come together at times and humor eachother.I will post my finals matchups after i study the computer seeds later tonight.My 2 sleeper wts are 152/195lbs(read all about it later tonight) ;)
you can run but you cannot hide.

Mack

Electric Guy, that was very generous of you to give Sauk Prairie a couple of third place finishes.  Forget about Mack's assault on the mat.  My prediction is that Saturday morning,  Mack goes into stealth mode.  She assaults Electric Guy in the shins with a baton before the conference meet starts.  

Milton police come and question Mack.  She explains that Electric Guy posted predictions that highly favored his own team and under valued her  team.  Milton police are like, "Wow.  We had no idea.  That's a serious charge."

Mack goes back to the tournament, and they take Electric Guy away on a charge of defamation of character (that's all I can think of).

Don't worry.  They're live streaming this thing; you can watch from your cell.  Plus, we're friends. So, we'll come bail you out after the tourney.  

andrewn5

106- Klein (sto) dec. Shea (mil)
113- Hanson (bar) dec. Jenny (sto) (could see McMillen (reed) sneak in the finals if he upsets Hanson again)
120- Shea (mil) majdec. Louis (sto) (this is the finals match I am most confident will happen)
126- Hasselberger (sto) dec. Fjoser (sauk) (hopefully this match will be as entertaining as the last one)
132- Model (sto) dec Hankins (sauk) tough call here Model definitely seems light for 132
138- Kraus (sto) maj dec. Chesmore (mil) Karus getting is 3rd conf title is as sure a bet as any
145- Smith (sauk) fall Dow (sto) (could also see a tech fall here)
152- Hemauer (defo) dec. Raymond (bar) (this weight class is a lot closer than most think, wouldn't be surprised if neither make it in the finals)
160- Powell (sauk) dec. Poches (por) (little birdy told me Powell is going to drop, we shall have to see)
170- McCarthy (mil) dec. Helland (sto) don't think Helland gets his revenge here
182- Hahn (reed) dec. Blome (mh) (by far the deepest weight class, could see Wileman (mil) take home the title as well
195- Hooker (waun) fall (Benton) (sto) (are they allowing walk ins to wrestle? ;) someone get me a singlet)
220- Neumaier (sauk) dec. Gorr (mon) Neumaier is a little light for 220 but is as strong as an ox
285- Toppel (defo) dec. Nelson (mil) Like a lot of heavyweight matches its either a decision or a pin, don't see it being different here.

TEAM
1-Stoughton
2-Milton
3-Sauk

Saul Hudson

Quote from: Troy Grindle on February 05, 2015, 02:21:18 PM
electric guy,

nice breakdown but I have a couple more that you can put in there as contenders.

106 Dalton Frakes from Mount Horeb is state ranked and will make some noise.
145 Austin Strahm from Mount Horeb is a very solid wrestler and should do well.
152 Brad Jones from Mount Horeb is very strong and will be in the mix to win it.
182 Matt Blome is a wrecking ball and has only lost once this year and is the bi state champ.  He will be very tough to beat.

And Blome's one lost is to Hahn from Reedsburg. Just saying.