Hamiti to transfer portal

Started by crossface21, March 25, 2024, 02:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vir Fortis

Quote from: MNbadger on March 26, 2024, 11:00:06 PM" "I would say likely the kids that have the biggest paydays that we're hearing about are often already on scholarship," Strasman said."
This was in regard to NIL money fron Business Insider.
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 26, 2024, 05:52:31 AM
Quote from: MNbadger on March 26, 2024, 05:17:04 AM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 25, 2024, 10:10:02 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on March 25, 2024, 06:57:29 PMNo, NIL is separate from scholarship.
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 25, 2024, 06:38:20 PM
Quote from: charteroak1 on March 25, 2024, 06:27:05 PMWas mentioned 2 years at $200,000.  Not a bad pay day for a college wrestler. 

Not a bad pay day for sure. Though I bet he is paying for tuition, taxes and other expensive out of that. Once you get NIL deals like that they usually aren't getting any scholarship money. Not sure how.much it costs to go to Michigan but I bet taxes and school eat up have that money right off the bat.

I believe that was the point of this statement...
And my point is that they are usually getting both.  I read their post as that they are saying they don't get scholarship money and NIL.  That is not the case.

I do not believe that's the case. I don't believe Suriano got a scholarship, don't think most of Michigan's kids who got significant NIL deals got both.

I don't know what context there. It sounds like a general article about NIL, probably including Football, BB and all sports. Yeah, Arch Manning is going to get a scholarship, Livy Dunne is getting a scholarship, Clark, Caleb Williams, AJ Storr if he plays CBB again, he'll likely be on scholarship.

I'm talking specifically about Michigan, Iowa, PSU(and the other large programs) in Wrestling.

Suriano didn't have a scholarship and I'm pretty sure that's been the norm there. Kinda hard to just open up 4 full scholarships at this time of the year. I don't think Michigan is just not recruiting HS kids.

This sounds like he's talking about something very different...likely how small of a part NIL actually is and how few people are getting NIL deals, but if he's talking about Wrestling, then his directly contradicting what a lot of Michigan people are saying.