Black Monday who's in who's out.

Started by ramjet, December 28, 2014, 09:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutral

Quote from: neutral on January 16, 2015, 03:19:24 PM
It is now done.

They are also going to ask for pemission to talk with Mike Mularky as OC.  The Bucs did recently ... and were denied.

I'd be good with K.Shanahan - but it sounds like Fox would like to just hand over the O-reins to someone and focus on D & the team overall ... and that he feels that Mularky would be a better fit in that regard (thinking Shanahan might get a little too aggressive without a governor).

They were denied access to Mularky by TN ... as were the Bucs.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

neutral

ESPN/Chicago is reporting that Vic Fangio has accepted the DC job in Chicago.

I'm so happy ... I hardly care what they do on the offensive side.

------------------------------------------------

Ed Donnatell following Fangio to Chicago as well.

imnofish

Quote from: neutral on January 20, 2015, 10:43:46 AM
ESPN/Chicago is reporting that Vic Fangio has accepted the DC job in Chicago.

I'm so happy ... I hardly care what they do on the offensive side.

------------------------------------------------

Ed Donnatell following Fangio to Chicago as well.

Thanks for the update.  Looking forward to a new era for the Bears, but wonder how long it will take to recover from the damage that's been done.  Hopefully, we see some signs of life next season.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

neutral

I had to go and say "I hardly care what they do on the offensive side" ... but now they're talking with Charlie Weiss.

I guess if he's contained to the players & philosophy he's directed to use ... his record as a OC only might offer encouragement - and, at this point ... I'm willing to give Fox the benefit of ther doubt in whatever he does.

neutral

Gase will interview tomorrow for the second time - first with Pace ... tomorrow with Fox.

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

neutral

Reports are circulating that Gase has been hired as OC.

bigG

Quote from: neutral on January 20, 2015, 05:19:38 PM
I had to go and say "I hardly care what they do on the offensive side" ... but now they're talking with Charlie Weiss.

I guess if he's contained to the players & philosophy he's directed to use ... his record as a OC only might offer encouragement - and, at this point ... I'm willing to give Fox the benefit of ther doubt in whatever he does.

All chidery aside, this is a big move for Chi. I don't know about Weiss; but giving a smart coach like Fox some power might lead to a tough team.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 23, 2015, 06:41:51 PM
Quote from: neutral on January 20, 2015, 05:19:38 PM

All chidery aside, this is a big move for Chi. I don't know about Weiss; but giving a smart coach like Fox some power might lead to a tough team.

That's what I'm hoping for.  It would be good for the whole division.