Thompson not picking Ball was a slap in the face to him

Started by maggie, April 27, 2013, 08:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

head57

Quote from: littleguy301 on May 02, 2013, 09:12:21 PM
Gibson was more of a freak athlete than he was a football  player. Though he had shoulder issues that held him back and I feel derailed his NFL career.

That became obvious in the NFL. Drivingforce is clueless when he/she says that Gibson was unathletic.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

bigoil

Gibson:

Combine Invite: yes
Height: 6061
Weight: 386
40 Yrd Dash: 5.35
20 Yrd Dash: 3.02
10 Yrd Dash: 1.79   225 Lb. Bench Reps: 31
Vertical Jump: 24
Broad Jump: 09'03" 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.54
3-Cone Drill: 7.99

Vs. current packer ......

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6010
Weight: 248
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.72
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56   225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 40
Broad Jump: 09'07"20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.96
3-Cone Drill: 6.82

littleguy301

What are you comparing Howavi,,,,,a linebacker to an OL?

5 inches shorter and 138 pounds lighter should have better numbers but there is some compare.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Quote from: littleguy301 on May 03, 2013, 07:00:51 AM

5 inches shorter and 138 pounds lighter should have better numbers but there is some compare.

look at the broad jump. You wouldn't think the OL would have the same explosion with 400# to move.

Drivingforce

Quote from: howavi on May 02, 2013, 10:24:21 PM
Gibson:

Quote all the "measurables" you want. failure is falure. None of the guys you talk about played more than 6 yr.s, most having played less than 4. A 2nd round pick should have an 8- 10 year career in the NFL...unless they were over drafted. Again, the facts don't lie, and failure has been the Badgers's MO in the NFL. Now, the jury is still out on Zeitler and Konz. Zeitler had a very solid rookie year, did Konz play?

Going back, you are right on Raymer. Played well for a few years. Solid starter. Gibson was a bust of biblical proportions and I stand by my comments.

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

DF...playing 7yrs as a lineman in the NFL...is tough, yes, we see many whom are out there a lot longer, but we don't hear much about them when there done...why do you think that is?...if a man played just one season in the NFL,  he was a Dang good player! 
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

head57

Quote from: Drivingforce on May 03, 2013, 11:23:15 PM
Quote from: howavi on May 02, 2013, 10:24:21 PM
Gibson:

Quote all the "measurables" you want. failure is falure. None of the guys you talk about played more than 6 yr.s, most having played less than 4. A 2nd round pick should have an 8- 10 year career in the NFL...unless they were over drafted. Again, the facts don't lie, and failure has been the Badgers's MO in the NFL. Now, the jury is still out on Zeitler and Konz. Zeitler had a very solid rookie year, did Konz play?

Going back, you are right on Raymer. Played well for a few years. Solid starter. Gibson was a bust of biblical proportions and I stand by my comments.
You are simply out of touch with reality. You said that Gibson was a horrible athlete.  That wasn't the case at all.  He was tremendously flexible as well as explosive.

You claim that a 4-6 year career in the NFL is a failure.  Well, that isn't true at all.  Very few guys play 8+ years. I'll go back and take a look at all the players taken in the same rounds as guys like Panos, Raymer, and Al Johnson and see how the Badgers stack up.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

littleguy301

Quote from: howavi on May 03, 2013, 07:14:22 AM

look at the broad jump. You wouldn't think the OL would have the same explosion with 400# to move.

Actually I do think that lineman broad jump as well as anyone. It is one of those things that lineman have enormous lower body strength and explosion.

If you play in the NFL for 3 years, you quailify for the NFL pension.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

The NFL average career length for linemen (offense and defense) is about 4 years so, if they play at least 3 games during that stretch, they will get a minimum of $200 monthly for each of their 4 years ($800 gross per month, available at age 55).  Hopefully, they earned a degree that will equip them for life after the NFL. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Todd

Joe Pianos had a 7 year career.  3 of those seasons he started almost all the games.  He played in the majority of all 7 seasons.  I think when he wasn't hampered by injury he was a decent pro player.  Certainly not the fat lazy player DFseens to attribute to WI players.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Houndhead

Quote from: Todd on May 05, 2013, 02:47:42 PM
Joe Pianos had a 7 year career.  3 of those seasons he started almost all the games.  He played in the majority of all 7 seasons.  I think when he wasn't hampered by injury he was a decent pro player.  Certainly not the fat lazy player DFseens to attribute to WI players.

Joey Pianos is his mobster name.

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on May 04, 2013, 04:00:49 PM
Quote from: howavi on May 03, 2013, 07:14:22 AM

Actually I do think that lineman broad jump as well as anyone. It is one of those things that lineman have enormous lower body strength and explosion.

If you play in the NFL for 3 years, you quailify for the NFL pension.

I used to think I could be a pretty good broad jumper, when I was a kid.  Had to give it up, though, cause I got tired of getting my face slapped. 

Todd

Quote from: Houndhead on May 05, 2013, 02:51:12 PM

Joey Pianos is his mobster name.

Yeah that or a stupid auto-correct name
"This page intentionally left blank".

Handles II

Paul Gruber was a 3x pro-bowler and started every game of his 12 year carreer. Pretty solid Wi boy.