157 Garrett Model
165 Dean Hamiti
174  Andrew McNally
184  Chris Weiler
197  Braxton Amos
285  Trent Hilger

Looks like a winner to me!!

head57

Hamiti looks great. Like really, really good. Dominating on his feet and on top.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

head57

Buffalo isn't the Big Ten, but we've wrestled down to competition a bit in the past. This was a dominant performance. Good fire power on our feet from 49 up.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

head57

Little chippy at the end there with Amos and Mitchell. I like it.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

dad 2 5

Quote from: head57 on November 01, 2021, 08:20:56 PM
Buffalo isn't the Big Ten, but we've wrestled down to competition a bit in the past. This was a dominant performance. Good fire power on our feet from 49 up.

I was just thinking the same!

head57

31-3 final. Great dual to start the year!
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

crossface21

Thought UW looked really good. As someone else noted, Buffalo isn't in the Big Ten, but they are still D1 and have quality wrestlers. I thought UW looked really aggressive and piled up riding time. Love the emotion and attitude they showed. I think they feel as though they are being overlooked and I agree. In years past this would have been a 16-15 type of dual. Dominant tonight.

head57

Quote from: crossface21 on November 01, 2021, 08:47:34 PM
Thought UW looked really good. As someone else noted, Buffalo isn't in the Big Ten, but they are still D1 and have quality wrestlers. I thought UW looked really aggressive and piled up riding time. Love the emotion and attitude they showed. I think they feel as though they are being overlooked and I agree. In years past this would have been a 16-15 type of dual. Dominant tonight.

Exactly. Loved it. Started with a Ramos at 49 and got amped up from there. Man, Hamiti looked tough. Really loved the frosh bringing that energy after the W.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

Harris

From an excitement point of view, my top 3 matches were:

1.  Hamiti
2. Gomez
3. Model

The whole team looked great and it was a an excellent opponent for the first dual. 

head57

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on November 01, 2021, 09:00:35 PM
Quote from: head57 on November 01, 2021, 08:52:57 PM
Quote from: crossface21 on November 01, 2021, 08:47:34 PM

Exactly. Loved it. Started with a Ramos at 49 and got amped up from there. Man, Hamiti looked tough. Really loved the frosh bringing that energy after the W.

A Ramos?

Ramos, Gomez...you know what I mean...lol
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

imwi

Quote from: Harris on November 01, 2021, 09:21:50 PM
From an excitement point of view, my top 3 matches were:

1.  Hamiti
2. Gomez
3. Model

The whole team looked great and it was a an excellent opponent for the first dual.

Agree but I'd have Model at 1, that guy just goes, I like his energy but Himiti was something to see as was Gomez. 

Rat

I really thought Hamiti looked the most impressive with his low level attacks and very aggressive. also after the match getting the fans all revved up was great to see.

jeast

I agree with Rat. Hamiti has the kind of motor that fans love. I think overall, we are in good condition for this early, but I did sense that some were not in great condition...yet.

Also agree with crossface 21, no big 10 team, but Buffalo did have some quality wrestlers. 197 kid was game! Loved the face off between those two. We need some more intensity to wrestle in the Big 10, and we saw some good intensity last night.

Good start to the season.
"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"

mkm13

About as good of start for Hamiti as you could expect.  His future is bright.

Will be curious how 133 goes with Rotondo losing.  I am guessing Burwick might get the next opportunity and then see who separates/steps up.

If we can stay healthy, won't have any major holes this year.  We have not had that in awhile.

wrastle63

Quote from: mkm13 on November 02, 2021, 08:45:56 AM
About as good of start for Hamiti as you could expect.  His future is bright.

Will be curious how 133 goes with Rotondo losing.  I am guessing Burwick might get the next opportunity and then see who separates/steps up.

If we can stay healthy, won't have any major holes this year.  We have not had that in awhile.
Agree lots of potential. I also think they will send the fringe qualifer guys to a lot of opens so they can wrestle guys that aren't Big Ten guys and get some success. Only guy I was a little disappointed in was Barnett, but first match just off the scale. Zargo beat a solid Senior wrestler in his first college match, and holy man does Hamiti have some aggression. Very impressed with match 1 for the Badgers.