Transfer Portal

Started by Hungus, April 16, 2024, 09:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hungus

Willie just X'd that Clayton Whiting is in the portal! Any guesses where he ends up?
My money is on Minnesota or UNI
You're killing me Smalls!!!

No One Cares

Quote from: Hungus on April 16, 2024, 09:37:03 PMWillie just X'd that Clayton Whiting is in the portal! Any guesses where he ends up?

I'll take UW for $1000, Alex. 

Hungus

Quote from: No One Cares on April 16, 2024, 09:50:23 PM
Quote from: Hungus on April 16, 2024, 09:37:03 PMWillie just X'd that Clayton Whiting is in the portal! Any guesses where he ends up?

Think so? Would make sense, instant starter!
You're killing me Smalls!!!

wrestle03

I dont think Whiting is interested in being an instant starter for a bottom feeder  WI team.
My guess is he will receive some NIL money and end up at Minnesota.

harley25

Michigan and train with Dieringer

ckwrestler

Is abe assad out after this season?  maybe he'll go to Iowa, train with gabe arnold.

No One Cares

Quote from: ckwrestler on April 17, 2024, 04:19:30 PMIs abe assad out after this season?  maybe he'll go to Iowa, train with gabe arnold.

Assad didn't even wrestle this year. lol.  Injured.  He'll be back. 

littleguy301

I think Minnesota or Michigan. Both have very good partners to train with and reach his goals he has set. I lean toward the Gophers and imagine Whitting, McNelly, Nelson and hopke for the next 3 years or something like that. That will be a tough top of the order with Brandvold coaching them.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ckwrestler

Quote from: No One Cares on April 17, 2024, 06:01:08 PM
Quote from: ckwrestler on April 17, 2024, 04:19:30 PMIs abe assad out after this season?  maybe he'll go to Iowa, train with gabe arnold.

got it.  wasn't sure if the gambling debacle ended his career. 

littleguy301

He was injuried and not anything else? He should have a year left? Though not sure how his other problem effects anything.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

vsmf2010

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 17, 2024, 08:38:41 PM

He was injuried and not anything else? He should have a year left? Though not sure how his other problem effects anything.

WS showed him as a senior in 2024 and does not show him on the 2025 roster for what its worth

WhoKnows

Assad is more than likely done.  No mention of medical hardship.  Iowa may have Brands at 184.  He is still waiting on a medical.  I don't think it was awarded yet.  Either way Assad doesn't beat Brands.  Arnold will be at 174.  Unfortunately the BS Gambling thing may end both careers with neither wrestling. 

Crazyotto

Quote from: No One Cares on April 16, 2024, 09:50:23 PM

I talked to his dad once. Said Clayton really wanted to go to Madison, then he met the staff. Wasn't a good fit for him-was very turned off. Unless something has changed, I wouldn't expect him to come to Madison.

dad 2 5

Parco from ASU, any chance?

SP

Just saw Clayton Whiting has committed to Minnesota.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia