2014-2015 season!

Started by Pheasant 1984, September 24, 2014, 10:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheasant 1984

Anyone else getting excited to get this season started? Can't wait for it to start. Menomonie has changed their schedule a bit! Should be some real good competition for the kids!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

HMsDad

I think I'm more excited than my kid. It's funny listening to the older boys talk to the incoming boys about what to expect. Then throw in who thinks they can make what weight class "If you make this then I got that and so and so gets there". Funny stuff.

boowrestle

Pheasant,hows menomonie going to be this yr?I know they will have Ford in the lt wts,my son defeated Ford at state tourney last yr ,tuff kid,and rerally short and stocky.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Mustang Fan

How ironic, you asked about Ford in the line up and the guy that started the post Pheasant 1984 is his dad!!! ;D

boowrestle

Shows you how much i actually know about the other conferences.lol/then iam guessing he can give me some accurate info on the upcoming season for menomonie,when joey and my son wrestled at state last yr it was definatly 2 different body styles,joey being short/stocky and trevor being almost 5'9".

Pheasant 1984

That was a tough one boo! I thought there should have been a stalemate after 45 seconds of holding each other, but ref thought different. Joe said he was drained after trying to hold off your kid! Your boys a good wrestler. Menomonie in my opinion should make a push to represent our section at team state if everyone is all in on the team! Lots of talent! Where is your son planning to be for weight at the end of the season?
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

boowrestle

pheasant looking like 113lbs the whole yr might be a chance 106 by regionals but iam guessing thats a real long shot,how about joey????

Pheasant 1984

Probably start at 113, but he wants to be at 106 for tourneys. We'll see! He put on a lot more muscle this summer. The little inappropriate term5 went and joined the Marines this summer too!

Pheasant 1984

Well the time has come! Season officially starts today! Time to take a deep breath and remember how to verbalize with an athlete cutting weight! "Grumpiness Happen"!

HMsDad

I know Chippewa is doing their fat test today.

HMsDad

Pheasant

I read on a different thread a Menomonie wrestler left to Boyceville. Is that true?

Pheasant 1984

Not that I'm aware of. I've been out of work for an injury and been to a few practices and all the Varsity kids are there. Maybe a grade school kid did.