Illinois vs WI ( 12-6-13 )

Started by leg turk, December 02, 2013, 10:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psalms23:4

Good to see Bucky getting some bonus points and not giving up as many. Hopefully we can use this as a spri ngboard. GoUW!

billymurphy

Beating Illinois is a great accomplishment.  The strong nucleus of Graff, Jordan, and Medbery makes WI a good tournament team and having  Hein, Thielke, Taylor, Liegel, McCall, Ruschell, and Cox makes for a solid dual meet team.  Liegel had his chance to win as did McCall, and Theilke started the match up 2-0 and lost in the last seconds of the match.  What a turnaround from the UNI meet. Is UNI really that good?  I know darn well Penn State is not that good in football but you would not have known that on Thanksgiving weekend. Heads up for next year, do not schedule any wrestling matches or football games next year on that weekend.   

harley

Quote from: billymurphy on December 07, 2013, 11:11:58 AM
Beating Illinois is a great accomplishment.  The strong nucleus of Graff, Jordan, and Medbery makes WI a good tournament team and having  Hein, Thielke, Taylor, Liegel, McCall, Ruschell, and Cox makes for a solid dual meet team.  Liegel had his chance to win as did McCall, and Theilke started the match up 2-0 and lost in the last seconds of the match.  What a turnaround from the UNI meet. Is UNI really that good?  I know darn well Penn State is not that good in football but you would not have known that on Thanksgiving weekend. Heads up for next year, do not schedule any wrestling matches or football games next year on that weekend.   

I think it was a combination of wrestling better and WI matched up better against Ill