Who is the WIAA?

Started by woody53, February 17, 2017, 02:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wraslfan

Quote from: ramjet on February 17, 2017, 10:31:51 PM
LOL emotional responses to an organization who you agreed to join. Now because they have rules and enforced them they are the bad guys?  Funny and BS about no skin in the game just the fact that you said that indicates you do. Again you do not have to be part of the WIAA the Board signs that contract every year go to the School Board tell them you are not in favor of being put of the organization. After all many of you do not belong to the WIAA for JR High Wrestling. Stop the complaining they broke the rules the WIAA followed protocols to give them the appeals process found them in violation and the punishment was sent down. Hold the AD accountable they scheduled the extra matches. Many of the other programs in the state followed the rules so as tough as this is hold the adults that are in charge accountable.  When you sign the contract to be part of the WIAA YOU SIGN UP FOR THE RULES AND APPLICATION OF RULES AND PUNISHMENTS!!!!!! Grow up and be adult about this stop using emotion to rationalize.
What a load of BS, Ram. These kids / coaches don't have a choice of "joining" the WIAA. It's the ONLY choice they have if they want to compete. They have NO other option. Please, tell me who the WIAA answers to? No kidding there are emotional responses, when idiotic decisions are made by the sole organization supposedly there for the student athletes, and they consistently make moronic decisions that go against them. It is no surprise. Who benefits from this decision? Kaukana? Or the other team whining? Or is it just an opportunity for the WIAA to  wield it's unchecked power? The people who need to act like adults are those making decisions within the WIAA that prevent student athletes from competing in response to a simple mistake, and the teams / coaches reporting them for the infraction. All these adults should be embarrassed of themselves.

Are you working for the WIAA now? Buddies with someone there?  If this happened to your son, you'd be screaming and you know it.   

DocWrestling

Quote from: ramjet on February 17, 2017, 10:33:43 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on February 17, 2017, 10:23:03 PM
I really think that the WIAA has to issue a public statement in these kinds of decisions.  I am guessing that the WIAA board members are going to want to keep a very low profile next weekend.

Why is that? Some folks going to threaten or take this decision out on them? Ridiculous.......

I just think they will be booed a lot.  That is all.  They are like Roger Goodell always making the hard unpopular decisions
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

DocWrestling

I would be pissed at the AD and coach more than anything but I would also know that it was not an intentional mistake and they are likely very good people.  I can get mad at my wife but still love her.  I don't just get rid of her if she makes a mistake.  There does not need to be an overreaction on the coach and AD either.  I am sure they already feel punished enough
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

MNbadger

Ramjet, You know like everyone else we are supposed to keep politics off this forum.  You should respect that like everyone else.  You take a shot, then run.  This is disrespectful and cowardly.  Trust me, everyone knows who you voted for.   Your behavior and posts let us know.
You  are out of line wanting to punish the kids here.
Lastly; you can fire the AD (and maybe that is just, I don't think so) but it is not that easy to get an AD.  The hours are incredibly long and the pay is in no way commensurate with the workload.  AD do this for the love of kids, education, and the sport environment which serves student-athletes.
Quote from: ramjet on February 17, 2017, 11:26:01 PM
Quote from: padre on February 17, 2017, 11:08:55 PM
That would be you Ram...amazing to me you and a few others are OK with this.  Would loved to see what your reaction would have been if your kid was a senior.  Sad....very sad.

Well Mr Know it all I would have called for the ADs job!!!!! Frankly this year has been full of snow cancellations and the Coaches and AD were very aware of the number of matches Tournamanets etc... Despite the fact that we needed to reschedule and move around to find Tournamanets to replace the ones we could not have or go to because of the weather we and all the other programs did not loose track or count.....amazing isn't it. If you want to blame someone blame the person responsible for the infraction go after the AD. I absolutely encourage every parent and wrestler to ask for the ADs resignation in fact demand it!!!!!! Go to the School Board and demand they fire this AD and look at the head coach as well........

Plus your mischarectorization that we or I am "ok with this" shows just how absolutely clueless you are nobody is "OK" with this,  nobody. But the rules are in place for everyone. If you do not like them use the democratic process and change them. Your School belongs to the WIAA correct? If that organization is so poor and so dysfunctional why do you belong?

By the way for the record I voted and support President Trump all the way........not that it matters but just thought I would clear the record.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

wraslfan

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 18, 2017, 06:28:31 AM
I would be pissed at the AD and coach more than anything but I would also know that it was not an intentional mistake and they are likely very good people.  I can get mad at my wife but still love her.  I don't just get rid of her if she makes a mistake.  There does not need to be an overreaction on the coach and AD either.  I am sure they already feel punished enough
Agreed, mistakes happen from the best people, workers, bosses, coaches athletes etc...and rarely do minor infractions end their employment or result in suspension. Especially when they come forward and own up to the mistake. I guess where I differ from you is I am more bothered by the decision from the WIAA than the mistake by the AD/ coach.

mhsfan2

Lets start a petition to Walker to get rid of the WIAA.

Full Nelson

Quote from: woody53 on February 17, 2017, 02:32:48 PM
There have been many emotional comments made about what is going on in our sport. I ask all that have commented on this unique situation to look at the Program next week at State. Read Dave Anderson's letter. Look at what the WIAA provides for opportunity and structure. Look at the development of rules. And most important, look at the next page of those that are the Board of Control. The Executive Staff. and most importantly, the Advisory Council. Look farther into who your Coaches Committee Representative is. These are the heart and soul of the WIAA. Not just one person. After you do that, look into the rules and by laws of the WIAA. It is unfortunate what happened this week. In my opinion the WIAA followed the process.
Woody,
Good post, I don't agree with much of what the WIAA does, however I do believe they attempt to do what is right. Thank the good Lord above you donate all of your extra time or the State Tournament would really stink, Maybe in the office season someone can drive up to Point and teach them how to use Track Wrestling.

Thanks again for all you and other people do for our Sport!
Don't cross your legs!

ThirdTimeACharm

Quote from: ramjet on February 17, 2017, 10:31:51 PM
LOL emotional responses to an organization who you agreed to join. Now because they have rules and enforced them they are the bad guys?  Funny and BS about no skin in the game just the fact that you said that indicates you do. Again you do not have to be part of the WIAA the Board signs that contract every year go to the School Board tell them you are not in favor of being put of the organization. After all many of you do not belong to the WIAA for JR High Wrestling. Stop the complaining they broke the rules the WIAA followed protocols to give them the appeals process found them in violation and the punishment was sent down. Hold the AD accountable they scheduled the extra matches. Many of the other programs in the state followed the rules so as tough as this is hold the adults that are in charge accountable.  When you sign the contract to be part of the WIAA YOU SIGN UP FOR THE RULES AND APPLICATION OF RULES AND PUNISHMENTS!!!!!! Grow up and be adult about this stop using emotion to rationalize.

It's a beautiful day in WI and I'm more than happy with the knowledge that I don't view the world through the obtuse optics that you do.   :-*

ChargerDad

seriously?? "You don't have to belong"??? That's the argument?? The answer is "if you don't like it, leave" is just silly.. sure, not belonging is an option, but not a realistic option.  The comparison for middle school isn't really relevant..  there is little if any benefit for middle schools to belong to the WIAA.  It's not possible to argue that the punishment is appropriate in this case without sounding silly..  yes rules should have been known and followed.. do you really expect every HS wrestler to understand the scheduling rules?? They are being punished as though they did know and willing violated the rules..