Started by TomM, March 10, 2015, 08:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

npope

What's with the odd records for the UWW guys listed in the brackets, e.g., 3-0, 5-1, etc? After a season of wrestling surely those guys would have something more like 30 matches under their belts. Am I missing something?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

billymurphy

Those records do not reflect the entire season.
I did not take the time to check closely, but I just assumed the records were taken just from the conference tournament.

ramjet

npope

Quote from: billymurphy on March 11, 2015, 11:53:10 PM
Those records do not reflect the entire season.
I did not take the time to check closely, but I just assumed the records were taken just from the conference tournament.

That's what I might have thought as well, however, one guy had a 5-1 record - and that can't happen in the conference tourney. Soooo....

Nat Pope

whatever

I gave my son an earful about that....that's annoying.

He said (and I suspected this was the reason) it was because the coaches can't figure out how to upload records into trackwrestling.

It's a lame excuse and I told him it makes the coaching staff look like chumps.....
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

ramjet

lol I bet he appreciated getting chewed out for something he has nothing to do with..........lol 😄

npope

Quote from: ramjet on March 12, 2015, 01:08:39 PM
lol I bet he appreciated getting chewed out for something he has nothing to do with..........lol 😄

Kids are used to that. They are always getting blamed for stuff they have no connection to...just ask them  ;)

Nat Pope