Qualifiers Released 3/11

Started by vsmf2010, March 10, 2015, 09:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Quote from: stp on March 11, 2015, 05:33:41 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 11, 2015, 05:26:51 PM
Wow what great draws for RT, Zeke, and CM. Could not have asked for better. Nothing wrong with the other 4 either. All seeded except for JT and a great draw for Timmy. Cannot wait.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2015-03-11/2015-di-wrestling-selections

thx 4 link ^

Great draw getting #2 seed for RT but looking at the bracket, Johnni D from tOSU has the #4 seed and (imo) the easier path than RT.  
I respectfully disagree. DiJulius will have Brewer in the second round, Richards in the quarters, and Schopp or Dardanes in the semis. My guess is he gets beat in the 2nd round by Brewer. RT will have Soto/Grey in the 2nd round, Gulibon/Beckman in the quarters, and Clark or Hall in the semis. I definitely like RT's draw way better. The 3 guys I did not want on RT's side were Schopp, Brewer, and Dardanes and they are all on the top.

stp

Going only by how I did in the B10 pick'em I'm clueless...see if you agree with me here, I don't like zeke facing off with Walsh in the qtrs.  

From Milwaukee to St Paris.

leg turk

He'll be fine against Walsh.  Go get it Badgers!

vsmf2010

Quote from: stp on March 11, 2015, 05:58:54 PM
Going only by how I did in the B10 pick'em I'm clueless...see if you agree with me here, I don't like zeke facing off with Walsh in the qtrs. 

Since you asked.  ;D As far as the big 3 I think Zeke has the easiest path to the finals followed by RT and CM. However if they make the finals their chances are likely reversed with CM having the best shot followed by RT and Zeke. I would never count out Zeke because he is so hard to take down and a great mat wrestler but AD is a beast.

As far as Walsh. He is very dangerous but Zeke has beat him every time and really seems to have the recipe. He does not push into him on his feet or get ear to ear and holds great position so the headlock is really not in play. He is too tough to get turned in the butcher on the mat. He rides back or to the side and really does not take any chances so he is not in danger there. He did get a little loose in the dual and get reversed but he limited the damage. When Walsh gets to his feet from the bottom and reaches back for a throw Zeke just cuts him. Always concerned with a guy like Walsh but I like the matchup.

I was just hoping Zeke would get the 2 or 3 and not be on the same side as AD. Also having Sulzer on the top is good. Interesting to see what will happen in the other quarter. I think Harger could absolutely beat Moreno.

sudden_victory

If McCall is healthy I could see him getting through to top 8. He could have a console quarterfinal with Ayala of Princeton.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 11, 2015, 04:34:22 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 11, 2015, 04:13:39 PM
Timmy Qualifies with a Wild Card !!

In the vacuum that is UW wrestling, will we be able to find out if he can and will wrestle or is he injured?

I have heard that Timmy will be ready to go !!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

stp

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 11, 2015, 05:42:11 PM
Quote from: stp on March 11, 2015, 05:33:41 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 11, 2015, 05:26:51 PM
Wow what great draws for RT, Zeke, and CM. Could not have asked for better. Nothing wrong with the other 4 either. All seeded except for JT and a great draw for Timmy. Cannot wait.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2015-03-11/2015-di-wrestling-selections

thx 4 link ^

Great draw getting #2 seed for RT but looking at the bracket, Johnni D from tOSU has the #4 seed and (imo) the easier path than RT.  
I respectfully disagree. DiJulius will have Brewer in the second round, Richards in the quarters, and Schopp or Dardanes in the semis. My guess is he gets beat in the 2nd round by Brewer. RT will have Soto/Grey in the 2nd round, Gulibon/Beckman in the quarters, and Clark or Hall in the semis. I definitely like RT's draw way better. The 3 guys I did not want on RT's side were Schopp, Brewer, and Dardanes and they are all on the top.

Johnni and Brewer have met before.  DiJulius rode him hard and only gave up a late 3rd period reversal to him.
Granted a lot can change in a year...
http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251332-2014-National-Duals/video/735829-133-lbs-3rd-Cody-Brewer-Oklahoma-vs-Johnni-DiJulius-Ohio-State#.VQEhRY7K-GU
Won't be surprised if Johnni faces DeCamillo.  Richards has regressed.  *DeCamillo also beat RT during the Ironman finals couple times in HS.

From Milwaukee to St Paris.