Pettine

Started by wrastle63, January 10, 2018, 01:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Seems like he will be our new DC??? He runs a hybrid 4-3 and 3-4 defense which is basically what we do or have personel for.

Ghetto

I am not sure. The article I just read says press corners. I'd say that the Packers will end up drafting one high if that is the case. The guys they have (King comes to mind) is probably best suited for that role, but I don't think you can say that about any other DB on the roster.

The defensive line talent is not suited for the 3-4 unless Clark and Daniels both move to end, and they bring in some Gilbert Brown look alike. Clark is too small, and Daniels is too talented to be just a run stuffer.

The LB talent is mediocre at best. Martinez would have 200 tackles at the MLB spot in the 4-3.

You should take that with a grain of salt however, I took last in my fantasy league.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

find a monster run guy in FA. Not saying huge money but the Packers need just that guy that can lean and take up 2 guys and there are plenty around just have to find the right one.

I wouldnt mind another CB and WR in the draft. We need both for sure.

I could see the 3-4 with like ghetto say with a space eater in the middle and find a moblie OLB that can play on the edge so we are basically a 4-3 then with blake in the middle for 200 tackles ;D

o well, maybe it will be the same defense but a shot in the arm with a new coach and new direction!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bkraus

I just always fear when they bring in coaches from losing programs.  Remember, he ran Cleveland's defense.  I hope he does better in GB.
Strive for Perfection

wrastle63

Quote from: bkraus on January 11, 2018, 08:38:46 AM
I just always fear when they bring in coaches from losing programs.  Remember, he ran Cleveland's defense.  I hope he does better in GB.
I read somewhere were he has never finished outside the top 10 in defense as defensive coordinator.

bkraus

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 11, 2018, 11:12:20 AM
Quote from: bkraus on January 11, 2018, 08:38:46 AM
I read somewhere were he has never finished outside the top 10 in defense as defensive coordinator.

I hope so!
Strive for Perfection