NFL Combine

Started by Ghetto, March 03, 2017, 02:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

I know it's just working out, but the numbers some guys are putting up at the combine are really bad.

Christian MCaffrey benched 225 only 10 times.
Corey Clement runs a 4.68 time in the 40
Leonard Fournette barely cleared a phone book in the vertical jump.

I don't get it.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

I watched quite a bit as well and just not impressed. More than ever your training can be tailored to the combine. Dare was not much different, in fact his second run was 4.74. They have had two months to completely focus on 4-5 things.

Ghetto

That was my thought as well. You've got one real shot to make an impression. You'd think they'd be working on things and maximizing their earning capabilities. Maybe the talent pool just isn't that good.

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on March 03, 2017, 02:32:06 PM
I know it's just working out, but the numbers some guys are putting up at the combine are really bad.

Christian MCaffrey benched 225 only 10 times.
Corey Clement runs a 4.68 time in the 40
Leonard Fournette barely cleared a phone book in the vertical jump.

I don't get it.

I have to add, you cannt judge heart the one thing that many of the great players have!!!!!!

Emmitt Smith had a poor 40 time
Jerry Rice had a poor 40 time
Kevin Williams a 310 pound DL I dont think benched 225 10 times though he was reguarded as one of the strongest players in the league during his time. He never bench but did alot of over head press and clean and jerks.
Depends on the cities phone book ;D

I want a player that is going to bust his butt, work hard and stick to the game plan. Those are things that cannt be graded on in a combine!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

I agree that combine numbers aren't everything, but Fournette and McAffrey are supposed to be very high picks.

I think Clement just ran himself into possibly not being drafted.

On the other hand, there are guys who are just putting up ridiculous numbers from smaller schools. I wonder how that will propel them? Someone broke the record in the 40 with a 4.22  Another dude had a 44 inch vertical.

Jabril Peppers just combined his way out of contention for the Packers though. If he's smart enough to play the 3-4, then the Packers need to move up and grab this guy. I just think he's the answer. Tough enough to play linebacker, and fast enough to play DB. He ran a 4.46 in his 40 (tole ya Howavi) and was so much better than the LBs he also worked out with the DBs.

I've never heard of this guy until the combine, but Haason Reddick is another guy I'd like to see the Packers go after. Physical freak. Ran a 4.52 time in the 40. Can play in coverage and rush the passer.

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on March 07, 2017, 10:04:03 AM
I agree that combine numbers aren't everything, but Fournette and McAffrey are supposed to be very high picks.

I think Clement just ran himself into possibly not being drafted.

On the other hand, there are guys who are just putting up ridiculous numbers from smaller schools. I wonder how that will propel them? Someone broke the record in the 40 with a 4.22  Another dude had a 44 inch vertical.

Jabril Peppers just combined his way out of contention for the Packers though. If he's smart enough to play the 3-4, then the Packers need to move up and grab this guy. I just think he's the answer. Tough enough to play linebacker, and fast enough to play DB. He ran a 4.46 in his 40 (tole ya Howavi) and was so much better than the LBs he also worked out with the DBs.

I've never heard of this guy until the combine, but Haason Reddick is another guy I'd like to see the Packers go after. Physical freak. Ran a 4.52 time in the 40. Can play in coverage and rush the passer.

What did he weigh at the combine? Yes he was faster than I thought he'd be.

Ghetto

One guy I follow on Twitter says that 14-15 DBs will be drafted in the first two rounds. I see one at least going to the Packers.

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on March 07, 2017, 11:00:26 AM
One guy I follow on Twitter says that 14-15 DBs will be drafted in the first two rounds. I see one at least going to the Packers.
I thought I read where they had Round 1 grades. I can see the Packers going 1-2 again in the DB. I'm sure they will draft a DL and an OG/OT as well.

Ghetto

According to the Packers website, Peppers weighed 213. That's a really small LB. That gives me a bit of a pause. Is he too stiff in coverage to play safety?

Edit: He was grouped with the LBers because he played LB last year.

wrastle63

Could see Peppers being the steal of the draft or a bust. Think he is very volatile. He is a tweener in my opinion who would be great in a nickel type situation. The way we were playing defense he would be a great fit.