Jermichael Finley; Uncertain future

Started by TomM, October 22, 2013, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drivingforce

Curious, what does that mean? The article I read was from this morning. I've heard Finley himself said he feels good. Why would a "bruise" require surgery, that makes no sense. If he does, in fact, need surgery, he'd obviously be out the rest of the year. Maybe for good, which would be unfortunate. Hopefully this can be cleared up today.

Todd

Quote from: Drivingforce on October 23, 2013, 09:16:04 AM
Curious, what does that mean? The article I read was from this morning. I've heard Finley himself said he feels good. Why would a "bruise" require surgery, that makes no sense. If he does, in fact, need surgery, he'd obviously be out the rest of the year. Maybe for good, which would be unfortunate. Hopefully this can be cleared up today.

Not sure what it means.  I heard it on WSSP that "IF" Finley has a bruised spine it requires surgery.  Maybe that is the same thing the Baltimore player had and they're going off of that.  That player recently returned after a bruised spine and surgery I think.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Drivingforce

Quote from: Goat Roper on October 23, 2013, 09:31:21 AM
I think ESPN reported the bruised spine. After further MRI's they will determine whether he has spinal stenosis.  McCarthy reported that the team will listen to "multiple" doctors on Finley before making any decisions.
This is what I've read:

Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley has been told by doctors that he should be released from the hospital within the next 24 hours, reports ESPN. According to ESPN sources, Finley will likely miss at least four to six weeks.  He will not require surgery and all current indications are that he will be able to resume his NFL career.

bkraus

Strive for Perfection

Drivingforce

DrSnide

http://twitpic.com/didg5c

from Finley's twitter account.  He also tweeted ealier today

"Too All My Fans Every Info That's Out Right Now IS FALSE!"

so take it for what its worth.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Drivingforce

Quote from: DrSnide on October 23, 2013, 10:56:01 AM
http://twitpic.com/didg5c

from Finley's twitter account.  He also tweeted ealier today

"Too All My Fans Every Info That's Out Right Now IS FALSE!"

so take it for what its worth.
Well, that leaves us fans completely in the dark. If ALL info is false, where do we start?

Handles II

i think you just hit on something very important Force. Perhaps Finley holds the key to all knowledge? :)

maggie

listen to what the man said, it's all garbage...he's fine!....if I was to take a guess, he strained his neck when he hit the ground facemask first......
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Todd

Quote from: maggie on October 23, 2013, 12:49:33 PM
listen to what the man said, it's all garbage...he's fine!....if I was to take a guess, he strained his neck when he hit the ground facemask first......

Yep perfectly fine, I mean he put out a video where he was proud he could walk down the hallway and you make it seem like he'll suit up next week or if he's fine, this week?

Just hoping he takes his time to fully heal and makes an informed decision on whether to play again or not.
"This page intentionally left blank".