Started by dad 2 5, March 23, 2019, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

Will the roster look like this?
125 Rotaando (J); Redshirt - Barnett
133 Dentino (So); Cullen (Sr) Redshirt - Burwick
141 Moran (Sr); Schoenherr (So) redshirt - Escobar and Stilling
149 Martin (Sr); Scharenbrock (So)
157 Model (So); Bahr (so); Lantz (so); Spray (J) (I think I would be surprised if Zander can get back on the mat)
165 Wick (J); Quintanilla (Sr); Redshirt -Otto
174 Dow (F?)
184 Breske (J?)
197 Krattiger (F); Salemme (So); Redshirt - Christensen
Hwy Hillger (So); Redshirt - Gutteidge

Wrestling Thug

Krattiger will probably beat out breske for 84

dad 2 5

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on March 23, 2019, 01:47:33 PM
Krattiger will probably beat out breske for 84

I tossed that around too, 74-97 could go a lot of different ways. We obviously need some depth built into this team there(74-97) and 41/49.

mkm13

You are forgetting Trey Escobar at 133/141/149 (not sure how much he has grown over the last year) and Dan Stilling at 141.

Hopefully Zander can get healthy.  It has been a tough couple years for him battling injuries.

Would be curious if there is scholarship money remaining to bring in a transfer.  Gross seemed possible at one point but not sure how likely that is anymore.
There is definitely 1 year openings at 125/133 and we could use another guy or 2 in the room from 174-197.  We will have minimal depth there and Krattiger has also been hurt a fair amount.

I will also be curious who we will bring in at the BRTC.  I am hopeful for a couple high level athletes.

dad 2 5

Quote from: mkm13 on March 23, 2019, 03:24:04 PM
You are forgetting Trey Escobar at 133/141/149 (not sure how much he has grown over the last year) and Dan Stilling at 141.

Hopefully Zander can get healthy.  It has been a tough couple years for him battling injuries.

Would be curious if there is scholarship money remaining to bring in a transfer.  Gross seemed possible at one point but not sure how likely that is anymore.
There is definitely 1 year openings at 125/133 and we could use another guy or 2 in the room from 174-197.  We will have minimal depth there and Krattiger has also been hurt a fair amount.

I will also be curious who we will bring in at the BRTC.  I am hopeful for a couple high level athletes.

Go catch. I will add both in

dad 2 5

Really need a hwy to come in for coaching of Trent. With the right guy he could climb even higher up the podium

wrastle63

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 23, 2019, 03:49:17 PM

Really need a hwy to come in for coaching of Trent. With the right guy he could climb even higher up the podium
We have one Guttridge from Illinois

dad 2 5

I am talking about getting a hwy to train at the BRTC that is quality enough to coach and train with Trent

dad 2 5

Will the roster look like this?
125 Rotaando (J); Redshirt - Barnett; Burwick
133 Seth G (Sr); Dentino (So); Cullen (Sr) RS - Medora and ?Escoabr?
141 Moran (Sr); Schoenherr (So) redshirt - Stilling
149 Martin (Sr); Scharenbrock (Rs So); Bahr (rs So)
157 Model (So); Lantz (so); Spray (J) (I think I would be surprised if Zander can get back on the mat)
165 Wick (J); Redshirt -Otto
174 Dow (So or RS F)
184 Sebastian (Sr); Krattiger (Rs F)
197 Breske (Rs J) ; Salemme (So); Redshirt - Christensen
Hwy Hillger (So); Redshirt - Gutteidge

Did I get everyone?
That is 27 or 28 in the room and some depth and a solid starting lineup
Also see 65-84 the biggest need for next year's recruiting

The Legend

125 Cullen/Rotondo/Barnett RS
133 Gross/Dentino/Burwick RS
141 Moran/Escobar/Schoenherr/Stilling RS
149 Martin?/Model/Scharenbrock
157 Wick?/Spray/Bahr
165 Wick/Lantz/Otto RS
174 Dow/Krattiger
184 Sebastian
197 Breske/Christensen RS
285 Hillger/Salemme/ Guttridge RS

I should specify this is in no way a depth chart.  It is a guess at where I think they will be though.

wrastle63

Quote from: The Legend on May 30, 2019, 08:50:19 PM
125 Cullen/Rotondo/Barnett RS
133 Gross/Dentino/Burwick RS
141 Moran/Escobar/Schoenherr/Medora RS/Stilling RS
149 Martin?/Model/Scharenbrock
157 Wick?/Spray/Bahr
165 Wick/Lantz/Otto RS
174 Dow/Krattiger
184 Sebastian
197 Breske/Christensen RS
285 Hillger/Salemme/ Guttridge RS

I should specify this is in no way a depth chart.  It is a guess at where I think they will be though.
Did Medora skip his senior year?

The Legend

That's my fault I copied the last one and posted off that one.  Good thing you are here to monitor!!

thesweep

This is the way I see it:

125 Rotondo/Barnett RS     

***Would be nice to get Brown back! Brown's wide open style was a great way to get the crowd into each duel. I dont see Barnett's redshirt being pulled unless the team can contend for a NCAA trophy and he is on fire.

133 Gross/Cullen/Dentino/Burwick RS
***Gross said he's going 133.  With that said, I wonder if sliding Cullen/Dentino slide into 133 and bumping Gross, Moran, and Martin up a weight has been considered?  Gross is probably top 2 at 133 or 141lbs. Moran looked really sucked in last year at 141, and will Zander be healthy? This scenario could potentially solve a problem or two. I doubt this happens but I'd give it like a 5% chance.

141 Moran/Escobar/Schoenherr/Stilling RS
***I hope the weight comes easier in the 2nd year for Moran.  Absolutely, one of my favorites to watch.

149 Martin/Scharenbrock
***Looking for a breakout year for Martin. Fringe AA?

157 Wick/Model/Spray/Bahr
***Can Wick stay healthy? Is he our best option after not wrestling a full season for two years? I hope nothing for the best for him. This weight could go anywhere with anyone.

165 Wick/Lantz/Otto RS
***Not much to say here.  Great wrestler.  Hopefully, he continues to evolve his game as it has been heavily scouted.

174 Dow/Krattiger
***I think either of these guys will have a decent freshman campaign and will be excited for either.

184 Sebastian/Krattiger
***Don't have much to say here except welcome to the team. Ill be rooting for ya!

197 Breske/Salemme/Christensen RS
***I really saw a lot of improvement and more aggressiveness from Beau at the end of the season.  He was small for the weight so hopefully he is eating well and lifting.  I really think he can surprise some people if he stays aggressive with his shots and tilts/turns.

285 Hillger/Guttridge RS
I love watching Thor. Heavyweight is a very tough class these coming years so hopefully a training partner his size will help tremendously.

Overall, the best thing about this team compared to last year (besides Gross) is there is a lot more depth.  While injuries are sure to happen, they will not handicap us as much.

Ghetto

They talked about the Badger lineup on FRL yesterday. I don't think they were going off of anything but their opinions, but they were talking:

125 Barnett
133 Gross
141 Moran
149 Martin
157 Wick, possibly Model
165 Wick
174 Dow
184 Sebastian
197 Breske
285 Hillger

They did mention what a tough cut it was for Moran, so a move up for everyone would help the team for sure. That said, a returning champ goes to whatever weight he wants.

They did not mention Brown that I remember.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

padre

I don't see Barnett wanting a RS year....