Badger Recruiting Class

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, November 16, 2016, 08:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Quote from: Barou on July 18, 2017, 08:33:02 AM
Quote from: billymurphy on July 18, 2017, 01:42:16 AM
Barry has had much more success with out of state wrestlers than in state wrestlers. Pray that this changes when Dow comes.

To be fair though there has been a lot of lack of success from out of staters too.

and especially greco guys.

Ghetto

I've watched all of Dow's Fargo matches, and he's going to need to take more shots to be successful at the next level. You can't solely defend and throw in college and have a great career.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

Quote from: Ghetto on July 18, 2017, 10:09:36 AM
I've watched all of Dow's Fargo matches, and he's going to need to take more shots to be successful at the next level. You can't solely defend and throw in college and have a great career.
[/quote
Agreed he seems to rely on it. But he beat Allar with it and Allar is a top guy. Hopefully the shot comes because he is obviously very talented.]

LaValle

Ever watch Bo Nickal wrestle?
A goal without a plan is nothing more than a wish

Ghetto

Quote from: LaValle on July 18, 2017, 12:51:55 PM

Ever watch Bo Nickal wrestle?

I'll be very excited if Dow ends up with a Bo Nickel type of career.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MarkK

I agree with Ghetto that would be exciting.   The best wrestlers though are usually good at getting takedowns and making something happen on their feet.  Throw guys usually get known fast and defending against them becomes pretty routine at the Div. 1 level.  that being said I still hope he does well.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

mkm13

Krattiger and Schoenherr both doing well at Super 32.  Krattiger is in semifinals and will face the 3rd ranked guy in the country at 195 to get there.  If he is able to win that, he will face the #6 guy at 182.  Very tough tournament

Schoenherr took a loss but is doing well in consolations.

mkm13

Krattiger ended up finishing 3rd.  He beat the 6th ranked guy in the country to finish 3rd.  Good tournament.