UW vs Iowa... Friday

Started by leg turk, January 11, 2016, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Predictions, best matches to watch?

Ghetto

Would love to see Ryan Taylor and Corey Clark. Those two guys don't like each other much.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

WIN Magazine Rankings @ 133 -  #3 Clark and #5 Taylor - Should be a heck of a match... they never wrestled last year...

I expect Zeke to keep it rolling at 165 against Rhoads..  bonus points would be nice...

At 174 Meyer vs Robertson should be close... I think Ricky can pull out the win... this will be a good test to see if Ricky can rise to the occasion...

What will be the 141 matchup Carton/Grothus vs Rowh/Grahek? We could win there...

We also have a shot at 157... Cooper is ranked around #20. If we expect to qualify for Nationals at this weight, it is the type of wrestler we need to beat...

While Iowa is the favorite at most of the weights, if we come to compete, the dual could be a good one...
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Ghetto

Didn't Taylor beat Clark at the Big Tens in Madison two years ago?

Ghetto

Yes, Ghetto, as a matter of fact they did. Taylor won in the third place match, and then proceeded to taunt Iowa fans as he ran off.

That was also they day, Ghetto, that JT threw Danny Sabatello out of the Kohl Center.

Good times.

crossface21

Quote from: Ghetto on January 11, 2016, 09:59:57 PM
Yes, Ghetto, as a matter of fact they did. Taylor won in the third place match, and then proceeded to taunt Iowa fans as he ran off.

That was also they day, Ghetto, that JT threw Danny Sabatello out of the Kohl Center.

Good times.

+1000000

Musky Hunter

this could be a good one for rt vs clark.  iowa bought a few buses last time they were here.  rt better have his a game.  i think he will.  i really don't know if they can win 4 matches as a team?

sudden_victory

I was going to say, predicting some of our less successful wrestlers will win against Iowa seems pie in the sky, until I read all the possible meanings of the term.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

billymurphy

I would like to see you predict the final score.  Give me your best guess.

sudden_victory

Life is a bowl of cherries.

lizard king

29-10 seems to be starting as a theme.   WI wins three matches, maybe one with a major and lose the rest.

Micah

Clark defaulted out of Midlands, not sure how bad he is hurt.  Was his knee I think.  If it's in Iowa they win all toss-ups, in WI the Badgers win half the toss-ups.

bkraus

I'll take a stab at it...

125 - Gilman majors JJ  UI 4 UW 0
133 - Taylor dec Clark  UI 4 UW 3
141 - Topher Carlton dec Rowh UI 7 UW 3
149 - Sorenson majors Crone  UI 11 UW 3
157 - Cooper dec Ruschell  UI 14 UW 3
165 - Jordan majors Rhoads  UI 14 UW 7
174 - Roberson dec Meyer  UI 14 UW 10
184 - Brooks majors Christensen UI 18 UW 10
197 - Burak tech Peissig  UI 23 UW 10
285 - Stoll dec Horwath  UI 27 UW 10

133, 157 and 174 could go either way.  I also think Horwath might be able to go with Stoll.
Strive for Perfection

vsmf2010

Quote from: bkraus on January 12, 2016, 09:31:45 AM
I'll take a stab at it...

125 - Gilman majors JJ  UI 4 UW 0
133 - Taylor dec Clark  UI 4 UW 3
141 - Topher Carlton dec Rowh UI 7 UW 3
149 - Sorenson majors Crone  UI 11 UW 3
157 - Cooper dec Ruschell  UI 14 UW 3
165 - Jordan majors Rhoads  UI 14 UW 7
174 - Roberson dec Meyer  UI 14 UW 10
184 - Brooks majors Christensen UI 18 UW 10
197 - Burak tech Peissig  UI 23 UW 10
285 - Stoll dec Horwath  UI 27 UW 10

133, 157 and 174 could go either way.  I also think Horwath might be able to go with Stoll.

That looks pretty good. Not knowing of course if Clark is wrestling or not. BH hung in there with Stoll at the Midlands and if he can find a little offense or get a break he could win that. Not sure about RR. Has not looked right and that match could go poorly if he does not wrestle at 100%. Keep waiting for TJ to have a breakout win but there seems to be a point in most matches where he faces some adversity and he starts to lose interest or confidence. I would not say he has quit but he seems burned out.

TomM

Kohl Center 8:00pm $2.00 Admission  ;D
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"