Saturdays wrestle offs

Started by Hyde, October 19, 2015, 06:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on October 26, 2015, 08:05:12 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on October 26, 2015, 07:45:52 AM
There were constant Twitter updates. Almost every time someone scored.

point made earlier, not everyone, especially the older crowd, has twitter or understand how to use it. Twitter is not better than watching on a live stream, twitter is not better than BSW covering the event... point is, we have technology and yet coverage seems to be going away.. maybe next year I will go and broadcast it from my phone on Periscope, then everyone can watch live for free.

It would be nice to have a live stream, no doubt.

BSW doesn't exist as it did in the past. Pretty hard to make that appear out of nothing.

I'll say that the WI program, as a generality, isn't all that technology driven, so to expect them to figure out how to live stream is beyond their skill set at this point. The amount of tweets from this year was at least double, if not triple the amount of tweets from last year.

While I know that they should mass market to all age levels, it's not practical. After watching some of the big ten broadcasts, we can see that on-air talent isn't in abundance in the wrestling community. Yes I'd have liked to see a live stream with Shane Sparks on the mic. Yes they SHOULD have made it happen. They didn't.

I am living proof that it doesn't take a genius to know how to use Twitter. Like someone said, go ask a 10 year old how to set it up on a phone, and it's done. While folks are at it, follow @wfbcoach and any other wrestling program out there for updates.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

stp

Quote from: Ghetto on October 26, 2015, 01:46:29 PM
After watching some of the big ten broadcasts, we can see that on-air talent isn't in abundance in the wrestling community.

I suppose its the sadistic humor side of me but those BTN student announcers make some matches even more enjoyable.  You can't help but smile when the announcer says the ref just called "fist to the back", instead of a stalling call.  

All kidding aside, you don't need announcers for a dual meet.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

lizard king

Did they do some "in the room" type wrestle off/matches before this event to kind of decide who would wrestle in the event?

dad 2 5

Quote from: Ghetto on October 26, 2015, 07:45:52 AM
There were constant Twitter updates. Almost every time someone scored.

VERY EASY TO STAY UPDATED! and i'm not a young guy but I have it figured out how to get to @BadgerWrestling. Dozens of updates. STOP WHINING!

:)

littleguy301

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on October 23, 2015, 09:01:18 PM
who cares how Lantz does at early season tournaments, unless he is an animal the spot belongs to a top 5 guy and he would have to defeat that guy... you don't lose your spot because of injury

that being said why is Lantz not at 141? I mean Taylor has 2 years left at 133, is JL really going to sit 2 more years? I would have thought he would have done everything to get big and come out as our 141 this year.

must be where BD wants him. Could it be that maybe RT will go up next year? just a thought ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

MarkK

I like the twitter feeds, however,that is no substitute for a live camera feed.   If I can't watch it, I will gladly receive a twitter feed.   But I'd prefer to watch them. 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

MarkK

You can choose who you listen to and what you listen to on Twitter.  last year during the Badger matches it was great to receive updates.   If you don't want that no big deal, but it certainly isn't as you purport or at least it doesn't have to be that way.  I don't subscribe to celebrities, etc.   It's not for everyone and I guess there is proof of that in this thread.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

jaguarwrestler

twitter might be fine, but it is a downgrade from the live stream they provide a couple years ago. Many sites to do a live broadcast for free if you have a webcam, just about every laptop has one. I just don't see why they are able to have someone there to do twitter updates that couldn't also do a live feed. I don't need an announcer just the video. We are in an age of technology where live feed should be the norm and not text updates after the fact. Maybe the NCAA doesn't allow a free feed they are not getting $$$ for, not sure, that is the only logical excuse.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!