Saturdays wrestle offs

Started by Hyde, October 19, 2015, 06:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheasant 1984

There's a few local boys I'm interested in watching, but last year I dished out $20 to watch it on Big 10 plus or something like that. Anyone know if there will be a free stream of this wrestle off or not?
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

WW_1995

Barry could learn a few things from Tom Ryan at tOSU.  I'm not sure if the videos are FLO pro only or not, but Coach Ryan is very transparent with his program, especially on stuff that isn't a big deal for the public to know, like who's wrestling at what weight, and who has the edge in the room at the moment.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252645-Ohio-State-2015-2016-Preview/video/797624-tOSU-All-Hands-On-Deck#.VicKb0otBjI

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Ghetto on October 20, 2015, 05:17:38 PM
JJ is the best option at 125 hands down. There's no one behind him that is (IMO) Big Ten caliber. We can't leave it empty. I do agree that last year was a waste for him. He got nothing out of it.

With the high level of talent in the Big Ten at 125 (at least at the top), there might be 8 guys that come out of the Big Ten at that weight. Jimenez is talented enough to be a qualifier. I look forward to watching him wrestle.

sure he is our best, but the team doesn't need him, it won't help our finish at the big 10, NCAA or dual record, so why not give him the year he deserves? Unless it is his choice to not take a RS that I don't know.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Barou

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on October 21, 2015, 07:35:32 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on October 20, 2015, 05:17:38 PM
JJ is the best option at 125 hands down. There's no one behind him that is (IMO) Big Ten caliber. We can't leave it empty. I do agree that last year was a waste for him. He got nothing out of it.

With the high level of talent in the Big Ten at 125 (at least at the top), there might be 8 guys that come out of the Big Ten at that weight. Jimenez is talented enough to be a qualifier. I look forward to watching him wrestle.

sure he is our best, but the team doesn't need him, it won't help our finish at the big 10, NCAA or dual record, so why not give him the year he deserves? Unless it is his choice to not take a RS that I don't know.

I agree.  I thought it was a bad idea to take him out of RS last year and received some backlash for posting it.  Some took exception to me referring to it as a "wasted year".  It obviously wasn't "wasted" in terms of JJ competing for a year at the college level but it wasted a year of eligibility.  Poor wording I guess, thought it was implied.
JHI Mafia

leg turk

so, is there only two wrestle offs Saturday?

leg turk

They let another cat out of the bag!

157...  Santonio Cathery vs T.J Ruschell

Gutwrench

Quote from: The Angry Fish on October 21, 2015, 09:47:00 AM
Coach Davis is unorganized

You might be right.  HOWEVER BD's focus might not be on the periphery stuff, as much as we all might want or expect it to be for him.  I could easily see BD being occupied with certain aspects of the program, while giving little to no time with other aspects.  I suspect two scenarios likely play out in most D1 programs.  One is that the head coach really focuses on the periphery stuff: websites, marketing, recruiting, administration interactions, etc. and leaves the wrestling "coaching" to his assistants.  The other scenario is that the head coach heads the daily wrestling stuff, and leaves the periphery stuff to the assistants and other staff.  I submit that either scenario needs to have some involvement from the head coach on both sides of the work to make sure the right people are in place and make sure things are getting done. 

Is BD unorganized, or is he just too focused on a few aspects of his responsibilities? 

leg turk

141...  Cole Martin vs Eli Stickley

stbird

They are loading up the facebook page with tons of good stuff.  The website seems to be an archaic after thought from what I can tell. 

stbird

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

jaguarwrestler

we have like 5 guys at 157 are we really only getting 1 match?
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

stbird

Is Jens Lanz are only guy at 133?

leg turk

mkm13

I am not sure if the 141 match listed is actually a true wrestle off match for varsity.  It would seem to make sense to redshirt Stickley this year.  I would think with Taylor at 133, Lantz would be an option as well at 141.