Saturdays wrestle offs

Started by Hyde, October 19, 2015, 06:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyde

Do we know who is wrestling off this Saturday?

badgerjohn

Badger Red/White Dual Meet Oct. 24th @ 4pm

Be ready on Saturday October 24th at 4pm the Badger wrestling team will be hosting their Red/White dual meet in the UW Fieldhouse. This will be the first opportunity to see the 2015/16 Badger wrestling squad as the team wrestles off for a varsity position.

Match-ups will be posted on WWN the week leading up to the dual. We will post 2 matches a day leading up to the big Dual meet.

Following the Dual there will be a social at RedZone on Regent St. with the coaching staff and members of the Badger wrestling team.

http://www.wisconsinwrestlingnetwork.com/news/10/badger-redwhite-dual-meet-oct-24th--4pm/
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

jaguarwrestler

interested to see what happens at 125, 141, 149 and 157... pulling for Scharenbrock at 157 because I have lived in Sun Prairie the last 12 years.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

leg turk

They say they are going to introduce a match up each day this week.  Nothing so far today, maybe tonight?

jaguarwrestler

141 released, well 1 match, was hoping to see one other name in there from Ellsworth.

leg turk

CLC FAN

Ok guys, I only see the 125# match - Johnny Jimenez vs JJ McClelland.  Was there a 141# matchup posted?

I like the idea of releasing the matches WisconsinWrestlingNetwork, but I think your best hope of generating a crowd at the event is to get people the information as soon as you have it.  If I'm wrestler x's youth coach and I don't know until Friday if he's wrestling off, I may not go, whereas I might have cleared my schedule had I known earlier.

leg turk

Quote from: CLC FAN on October 20, 2015, 03:34:59 PM
Ok guys, I only see the 125# match - Johnny Jimenez vs JJ McClelland.  Was there a 141# matchup posted?

I like the idea of releasing the matches WisconsinWrestlingNetwork, but I think your best hope of generating a crowd at the event is to get people the information as soon as you have it.  If I'm wrestler x's youth coach and I don't know until Friday if he's wrestling off, I may not go, whereas I might have cleared my schedule had I known earlier.

141...  Grahek vs Rowh

npope

I'm sorry, but this is turning into yet another marekting fiasco for the Badgers. I can appreciate people wanting to drive viewers to a new wrestling web site, but I went there (thankfully the initial poster in this thread included a link to it) and only see the 125 match posted. Supposedly the 141 matchup was already posted (and apparently was subsequently removed?). It shouldn't be this hard to see what's going on with the Badgers - why make interested fans work so hard for information on the team. Geeeezzzzz!!

And too, we see two guys listed on this thread as the guys wrestling off for 141 - but what about the wrestle-offs leading up to that "final" match? What the heck happened in the room to lead to that matchup? Where's Lantz? Fans want to know that kind of stuff and if the Badger coaching staff is being deliberately vague about the process behind the scenes then I for one am about ready to tell them to go jump in a lake. I am just so tired of them being so secretive about stuff that really isn't a big deal. And if they aren't trying to be secretive then I would simply ask them to think for a moment about how they might better market the team to help bring in more fans. This kind of crap doesn't help.

They just keep shooting themselves in the foot - and it is frustrating.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

jaguarwrestler

really hoping to see a RS from JJ, team doesn't need him this year (or last) kind of a waste of a year, think he deserves the year off to develop. Think he has great talent, possible AA in a couple years but would still like to see him get a year as a RS

Ghetto

JJ is the best option at 125 hands down. There's no one behind him that is (IMO) Big Ten caliber. We can't leave it empty. I do agree that last year was a waste for him. He got nothing out of it.

With the high level of talent in the Big Ten at 125 (at least at the top), there might be 8 guys that come out of the Big Ten at that weight. Jimenez is talented enough to be a qualifier. I look forward to watching him wrestle.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

Quote from: npope on October 20, 2015, 04:50:11 PM
I'm sorry, but this is turning into yet another marekting fiasco for the Badgers. I can appreciate people wanting to drive viewers to a new wrestling web site, but I went there (thankfully the initial poster in this thread included a link to it) and only see the 125 match posted. Supposedly the 141 matchup was already posted (and apparently was subsequently removed?). It should be this hard to see what's going on with the Badgers - why make interested fans work so hard for information on the team. Geeeezzzzz!!

And too, we see two guys listed on this thread as the guys wrestling off for 141 - but what about the wrestle-offs leading up to that "final" match? What the heck happened in the room to lead to that matchup? Where's Lantz? Fans want to know that kind of stuff and if the Badger coaching staff is being deliberately vague about the process behind the scenes then I for one am about ready to tell them to go jump in a lake. I am just so tired of them being so secretive about stuff that really isn't a big deal. And if they aren't trying to be secretive then I would simply ask them to think for a moment about how they might better market the team to help bring in more fans. This kind of crap doesn't help.

Totally agree with all of this!  Everything is a huge secret.  Talk about horrible marketing, I just don't get it.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: npope on October 20, 2015, 04:50:11 PM
I'm sorry, but this is turning into yet another marekting fiasco for the Badgers. I can appreciate people wanting to drive viewers to a new wrestling web site, but I went there (thankfully the initial poster in this thread included a link to it) and only see the 125 match posted. Supposedly the 141 matchup was already posted (and apparently was subsequently removed?). It should be this hard to see what's going on with the Badgers - why make interested fans work so hard for information on the team. Geeeezzzzz!!

Agree  100%

I couldn't even find the site link list anywhere when looking earlier.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Numbers

Quote from: CLC FAN on October 20, 2015, 03:34:59 PM

Still only 125 listed on the new website.  But Facebook and Twitter have a 141 match listed as well.

I guess last year having the Tuesday with Barry listing the intrasquad matches was better than the social media experiment this year.  Being a Badger wrestling fan continues to be difficult.  The few hundred fans that do care and want to look forward to the season just have to wait and guess where kids may compete.

And maybe someone should tell Eli Stickley he is wrestling the 145 pound weight class per the UWBadgers.com team roster.  Maybe correcting the little bit of Badger wrestling information available on the entire internet should be a separate topic (which would get ugly quick.) >:(