Do you want a new coach in Madison? ( Poll )

Started by leg turk, June 26, 2015, 12:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it time for a new head coach on the Wisconsin Badger wrestling team?

yes
60 (63.8%)
no
34 (36.2%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: July 26, 2015, 12:25:25 PM

stp

Quote from: foose4 on July 07, 2015, 12:57:11 PM
Quote from: futurerichguy on July 01, 2015, 12:44:51 PM
Jeff Jordan?

I don't think we could afford him.  He's got a pretty nice thing going in Ohio.

This.  Plus Jeff has said numerous times he does not want the headache of coaching college kids. 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Ghetto

His bio says that he was an assistant at Wisconsin.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

badgerjohn

Quote from: Ghetto on July 13, 2015, 06:54:06 AM
His bio says that he was an assistant at Wisconsin.

This is from Kevin Black
QuoteCary Kolat was in Madison for a few months in early 1999.  He left without warning or goodbyes over winter break to train at Pitt with Sanshiro Abe.  His locker had gear in it through the end of the season.

http://wiwrestling.info/index.php?topic=46942.0
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

ramjet

I will say this; for a bunch of folks that have ZERO influence on this program you all sure do wish big..........😀😀😀

Jimmy

When reality isn't very good wishes and dreams are all some have left

billymurphy

99 percent of fans have zero influence on the program.
Unless you have a boy on the team or are one of the coaches,
you are also going to have zero influence.

Jimmy

Thank you captain obvious, I think everybody knows that, but this is a public forum and people can " what if" all they want.wether it be for or against or neutral

Jimmy

Billy, do you think parents of div. 1 college wrestlers have much if any say? This isn't middle school.

MNbadger

Bigger attendance and fans speaking up the the athletic department would do plenty.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

ramjet

Quote from: MNbadger on July 19, 2015, 05:49:49 PM
Bigger attendance and fans speaking up the the athletic department would do plenty.

Oh boy.......you are really funny.

MNbadger

If they were drawing good numbers and the fans were letting the athletic department know of their dissatisfaction you don't think there would be change?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

billymurphy

I think Dieringer's parents had an influence on
Alex going to Oklahoma State.   Actually a few
high school wrestling coaches in Wisconsin have some influence too
as they have been known to give recruiting tips to a
pre Barry Davis head coach at Wisconsin on who to recruit that year.

wrestlemania

Excuses, Fishman? There are myriad reasons for the UW program not being at the top of the conference. Yet you can only think of one. The people who keep the program spinning its wheels are those who believe everything can be solved in fell swoop rather than making the long-term changes that are required across the board. You kidding yourselves thinking one person alone is going to make that difference by themselves and you're kidding yourself thinking about the kind of person willing to take on the job knowing its limitations.

As being for being pathetic, what's pathetic who simply can't deal with the facts. The record is there, it is clear and it is in black and white. What is pathetic is myths one rests their dreams upon. While the 1970s and early to mid 80s were certainly a glorious time for UW wrestling as far good records and individual achievement is concerned, bottom line there were no teams titles, anymore than there are team titles now. So nothing has changed. End of discussion.   

wrastle63

Agree wrestlemania. Just changing coaches will not turn us into a top 5 program in the nation. There are other issues that are stopping us from doing that. Everyone seems to think it is all Barry Davis' fault.

aarons23

A change at the top would be a start in the right direction.  Barry is not getting it done.  Every year we hear next year and next year never comes.  A fresh face and fresh new excitement is what this team needs...unless your ok with Meritocracy for our only D1 wrestling team.  That doesn't mean there are not other areas of concerns also because there is.   
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.