All the coaching bashing.....

Started by Musky Hunter, March 29, 2015, 11:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

Whichever University suits him best.

littleguy301

Quote from: billymurphy on April 16, 2015, 12:29:12 AM
--- You do not suppose Mark Hall is friends with Breske, and he would come to Wisconsin if Breske does too?

And, Lefebvre said, Mark Hall is an unbelievable talent. He wants to be the best in the nation, the best in the world."

His father said Hall hopes to make a college choice by Dec. 1. He has four of his five official visits planned: to Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Hall is friends with Hunter Ritter that the Badgers recruited.

But before we get all excited, does Hall have the grades. no slam here outside wrestling, which he is very good at, is his grades what is needed to get in to Wisconsin.

Minnesota is going to be down for a couple of year, and really down next year. I think Oklahoma State is the best chance in the near few years and after that not sure.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

aarons23

it will be Minnesota...maybe OK state but I'm going with MN ;)
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Micah

Quote from: leg turk on April 16, 2015, 06:54:03 AM
Quote from: billymurphy on April 16, 2015, 12:29:12 AM
--- You do not suppose Mark Hall is friends with Breske, and he would come to Wisconsin if Breske does too?

And, Lefebvre said, Mark Hall is an unbelievable talent. He wants to be the best in the nation, the best in the world."

His father said Hall hopes to make a college choice by Dec. 1. He has four of his five official visits planned: to Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Luckily there are other factors that go into choosing a school.  Good thing Zeke doesn't do all his recruiting during the ASU undie run or else no other school would get recruits lol
Which one of those schools gives you the best chance to be a national champion?

Ty Clark

Quote from: aarons23 on April 16, 2015, 01:01:45 PM

I don't know....

"Those same people who weren't nice now think they're my friends and want me to stick around to wrestle for the Gophers," said Hall, an 18-year-old junior. "I don't have any ill will. They just didn't know me and what I'm all about."

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_27585239/pioneer-press-wrestler-year-mark-hall-apple-valley
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain

npope

Quote from: Ty Clark on April 17, 2015, 08:40:51 AM

I don't know....

"Those same people who weren't nice now think they're my friends and want me to stick around to wrestle for the Gophers," said Hall, an 18-year-old junior. "I don't have any ill will. They just didn't know me and what I'm all about."

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_27585239/pioneer-press-wrestler-year-mark-hall-apple-valley

After reading the article, it's clear that the folks at UM wasn't the offender but rather, some critics of Hall when he was in junior high now want him to wrestle at UM. That said, I am sure he will be welcomed warmly wherever he goes. And personally, I am stunned to see WI on the short list at all. Maybe the Apple Valley pipeline (Demaray, the Kellihers, etc) still has a little juice left in it.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

hammen

Quote from: npope on April 17, 2015, 09:26:01 AM
Quote from: Ty Clark on April 17, 2015, 08:40:51 AM

I don't know....

After reading the article, it's clear that the folks at UM wasn't the offender but rather, some critics of Hall when he was in junior high now want him to wrestle at UM. That said, I am sure he will be welcomed warmly wherever he goes. And personally, I am stunned to see WI on the short list at all. Maybe the Apple Valley pipeline (Demaray, the Kellihers, etc) still has a little juice left in it.

It's actually not that surprising. Hall spent a year at Ryle wrestling under Coach Tim Ruschell with TJ. He has a good relationship with the Ruschell family. Didn't you wonder where he got that inside trip from at such a young age?  ;)

charteroak1

I also believe he spent some time working out with Ricky R.   I think with what Mitch has done in having the World Team Trials and the Cadet National Camp in Madison has helped the recruiting process as well. 

dad 2 5

Quote from: The Angry Fish on June 26, 2015, 10:57:57 AM
Quote from: Street Glide on March 30, 2015, 12:23:37 PM
Could Derienger come close to be academically eligble for UW, no. 

Wrong. The offer made to AD wasn't nearly as good as the offer from John Smith. This misconception was sold by BD in a public statement, and he wasn't truthful. 

How do you know this? You have said you have never meet Coach Davis so I assume you are not to close to the program as a whole. Maybe I am wrong but that is just how I have read your post.

npope

Quote from: The Angry Fish on June 26, 2015, 11:13:58 AM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on June 26, 2015, 11:06:15 AM

How do you know this? You have said you have never meet Coach Davis so I assume you are not to close to the program as a whole. Maybe I am wrong but that is just how I have read your post.

A letter was posted on this very forum from AD's parents rebutting this story. AD could have been a Badger if the offer was right. Instead, to cover their butts, the Barrys eluded to his grades as the reason. Not true.

Well then, if Mrs. Deiringer said it ain't true then...I guess the matter is settled.

That said, I think AD made the very best choice he could have made for himself - regardless of what ever other opportunities were available. If I had John Smith chasing me I would have a hard time saying no, as well.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Dale Einerson

Alex's grades were more than sufficient to get into the UW. Some folks who know the family repeated this; the family spoke specifically about this after undue speculation on this board.  Think about it for a minute...Alex goes off and takes the best offer in front of him, all factors considered, has tremendous success, and some folks continue to spread untruths.  That is blatantly unfair to one of our own.

And, this isn't the only time in a relatively short time frame where a Wisconsin high school wrestler got a better deal, all things considered, to go wrestle elsewhere.  There are lots of reasons universities offer what they do; lots of different "currencies" for wrestlers to consider when they weigh offers.  Just because Sueflohn was recovering from injury this year he wasn't discussed as frequently, that and he doesn't have a couple of national championship notches in his belt, but his decision turned out great for him as well.

harley

Quote from: The Angry Fish on June 26, 2015, 11:13:58 AM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on June 26, 2015, 11:06:15 AM

A letter was posted on this very forum from AD's parents rebutting this story. AD could have been a Badger if the offer was right. Instead, to cover their butts, the Barrys eluded to his grades as the reason. Not true.

I think it is fair t say that Barry Davis and the Badgers try/think they should get Wisconsin wrestlers at a bargain price.