Big ten individual predictions

Started by Wrestling fan, February 13, 2015, 10:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrestling fan

I know it's early but I couldn't help myself. What do you guys think for each weight? I really think RR can finish top 3

nutters55

125-JJ: 7th
133-RT: 2nd
141-JT: DNP
149-RL: 8th
157-JD: 8th
165-IJ: 2nd
174-FC: DNP
184-RR: 5th
197-TM: 5th
HWT-CM: 3rd
failure to prepare, is preparing to fail....

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: nutters55 on February 13, 2015, 12:01:02 PM
125-JJ: 7th
157-JD: 8th
165-IJ: 2nd
174-FC: DNP
184-RR: 5th
197-TM: 5th
HWT-CM: 3rd

I pretty much agree, except I believe, depending on the bracket and how it plays out 141 could be 6th-8th, 149 6th or 7th... Medberry could be 1 or 5, that is a brutal bracket and they are all so close
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Gutwrench

Curious.....are you two thinking IJ is going to lose to Bo??

Wrestling fan

You guys think the clash of Jordan's is not gong to favor zeke?
125: 6th
133: 2nd
141:7th
149: dnp
157: maybe 7th
165:1st
174: maybe 7th
184:3rd
197:5th
Hwt: top 2

Gutwrench

I'll go with.....

125-JJ: 5th
157-JD: DNP
165-IJ: 1st
174-FC: 6th
184-RR: 4th
197-TM: 6th
HWT-CM: 2nd

jaguarwrestler

I hear Bo has always had the upper hand on Zeke, but a lot can change in 3 years. Bo is not the only danger in the bracket but Bo is a big dude that has yet to lose in the last 2 years.... I would give Bo a very slight edge with Zeke winning being no surprise. I wonder how some see RR as a top 3, he has like 6 guys ranked above him and would need to beat at least 2 of them to get there, not that he can't but he is not favored to do so. I don't always pick favorites but I also don't pick with my heart over head. Much will have to do with seeds and how the brackets play out... like it always does. We could have 3-4 DNP or we may have 9-10 place in the top 8.

nutters55

I guess I didnt take the time anyalize every possible matchup I just figured even though guys are ranked here or there that the best average outcome I could come up with for each individual from the university of Wisconsin.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ike finished first, or if Connor finished 1st, or if they finished 5th.
failure to prepare, is preparing to fail....

Huckfinn

I'm not nearly smart enough to figure out where all the Badger wrestlers will place. So I don't feel left out, I'm jacking the thread and predicting the finals, any dummy can do that:

125 Thomas Gilman beats Nathan Tomasello
133 Jimmy Gulibon upsets Chris Dardanes
141 Logan Stieber beats Anthony Abidin
149 Jason Tsirtsis beats Alec Pantaleo    (I have no idea what happened to Brandon Sorensen, I can't explain the voices in my head.)
157 Isaiah Martinez upsets Dylan Ness
165 Isaac Jordan over Bo Jordan  (Also getting strange, positive vibrations about dark horse Pierce Harger)
174 Logan Storley upsets Robert Kokesh
184 Sammy Brooks over  Matt McCutcheon
197 Morgan McIntosh over Kyle Snyder
HW Connor Medbery upsets Bobby Telford

billymurphy

I Predict Matt McCutcheon finishes behind RR.

npope

While I hope for a lot of good showings for the UW guys, I am especially keen on IJ beating BoJo. I would really like IJ to win so that we can say with confidence that we got the better Jordan here. That's a lot of family bragging rights wrapped up in one match.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

jaguarwrestler

Martinez over Ness is a sure thing, he is a much better wrestler, as long as he doesn't get caught I have Martinez by 4.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: npope on February 13, 2015, 03:40:32 PM
While I hope for a lot of good showings for the UW guys, I am especially keen on IJ beating BoJo. I would really like IJ to win so that we can say with confidence that we got the better Jordan here. That's a lot of family bragging rights wrapped up in one match.

Taylor Walsh could catch either one as well. I do think Zeke can win the B1G, but Bo is a big kid with a lot of skills. Neither one touch Dieringer imo.

MNbadger

"Martinez over Ness is a sure thing, he is a much better wrestler,"  ?????????????

People do tend to get "caught" against Ness I suppose....lol
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

hammen

Quote from: MNbadger on February 13, 2015, 05:52:40 PM
"Martinez over Ness is a sure thing, he is a much better wrestler,"  ?????????????

People do tend to get "caught" against Ness I suppose....lol

I had a good laugh on that too. I guess Ness caught Green at Vegas 2 months ago.