Illinois, Sunday, 2-8-15

Started by leg turk, February 03, 2015, 07:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

How about this battle?  I don't know how many of their wrestlers are ranked, but I was thinking quite a few.  Not sure if we can pull this one out.

leg turk

133---#3 Richards
141---#18  Rodriguez
157---#2. Martinez
165---#10 Morse
174---#9 Brunson
184---#17 Reyes

Spartan

BOURNE

He got hurt back in November. I think he's back now, but not in the rankings yet. I'm sure we will see him Sunday. I'm guessing he will be ranked Monday...

npope

Quote from: BOURNE on February 03, 2015, 08:43:45 AM
He got hurt back in November. I think he's back now, but not in the rankings yet. I'm sure we will see him Sunday. I'm guessing he will be ranked Monday...

Depends on which rankings. The InterMat has had him at #1 all season even though he hasn't wrestled for 98% of it.

Suffice to say, Bucky will be lucky to win this dual.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

badgerjohn

Bucky wins 6 wts

;D
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

bucking it up

Delgado wrestled both matches last weekend. Not for certain who they wrestled on Sunday but needed a last second take down for a 3-1 W.

Micah

I think it was the Purdue wrestler.  I would be surprised if WI took both 133 and 141.  I think it will be a close dual slight edge to Illinois.

npope

125---IL heavy favorite
133---IL favorite
141---IL favorite
149---Toss up
157---IL heavy favorite
165---WI heavy favorite
174---IL heavy favorite
184---Toss up
197---WI favorite
Hwt---WI heavy favorite

By my count, IL takes five, WI takes three, and two could go either way. On a good day, the meet comes down to bonus points. If correct, that means all things have to fall in line for Bucky to pull this one off.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

Npope I think you have a good call there and it is 21-20 with Connor pulling it out at the end.

vsmf2010

Quote from: npope on February 03, 2015, 04:17:42 PM
125---IL heavy favorite
133---IL favorite
141---IL favorite
149---Toss up
157---IL heavy favorite
165---WI heavy favorite
174---IL heavy favorite
184---Toss up
197---WI favorite
Hwt---WI heavy favorite

By my count, IL takes five, WI takes three, and two could go either way. On a good day, the meet comes down to bonus points. If correct, that means all things have to fall in line for Bucky to pull this one off.
I think you are pretty close. However I liked RT chances all along and after watching the Illinois/Purdue dual I really like his chances. I think RT can take him down several times. If RT can get it done and Zeke can come up with another stick I think they have a shot. Would need either Ricky or Lubeck to win and probably bonus points out of CM.

RT has 3 great opportunities in these last duals to make some noise. 33 is the craziest weight class. If he could win both this weekend he should be the 2 seed for the Big Ten tourny.

Musky Hunter

Quote from: vsmf2010 on February 03, 2015, 04:46:37 PM
Quote from: npope on February 03, 2015, 04:17:42 PM
125---IL heavy favorite
133---IL favorite
141---IL favorite
149---Toss up
157---IL heavy favorite
165---WI heavy favorite
174---IL heavy favorite
184---Toss up
197---WI favorite
Hwt---WI heavy favorite

I think you are pretty close. However I liked RT chances all along and after watching the Illinois/Purdue dual I really like his chances. I think RT can take him down several times. If RT can get it done and Zeke can come up with another stick I think they have a shot. Would need either Ricky or Lubeck to win and probably bonus points out of CM.

RT has 3 great opportunities in these last duals to make some noise. 33 is the craziest weight class. If he could win both this weekend he should be the 2 seed for the Big Ten tourny.

Talked to him last night.  Kid is ready to rock.  This could be a great dual. 

Wrestling fan

Did graff wrestle Richards last year? I think 133 is the key weight, and we got to stay off our back @ 157, that kid is pretty tough.

jaguarwrestler

I have it 20-14 for Ill. I have each team getting a toss up match, no matches more than 4 team points... if we can turn around 133 or 141 then I have a tie at 17-17... Zane is very good this year, JT was beating SR last year until the middle of the 3rd. WI is really only a fav. in 3 matches on paper, going to really need to bring it to pull this one off. 
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Huckfinn

I like Ricky Robertson to beat Nikko Reyes.   I base that on flashes from Robertson earlier this season, and I assume he is getting better.  I have seen more matches with Reyes, nothing special there.