NDSU @ UW live updates

Started by hammen, February 02, 2014, 12:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musky Hunter

Brought 9 people up to watch them today.  Kids loved watching these boys compete.  Was cool they could get their autographs after the meet.  Hope the crowds continue to grow.  RT and Zeke are sure fun to watch for some young guns.  Coach Davis about has a heart attack almost every match.  Fun venue today. 

Hyde

Fun dual to be at. Scott just keeps getting better. Jordan is tough. McCall has to wrestle better than that. A d1 wrestler should be in better shape than what he showed after 1st period. Maybe he was sick. Now that I think about it TJ looked sluggish too. Not the normal TJ on his feet. Maybe he was under the weather also. It would sure be nice to have Monk in red instead of green.

Musky Hunter

Quote from: Hyde on February 02, 2014, 07:26:23 PM
Fun dual to be at. Scott just keeps getting better. Jordan is tough. McCall has to wrestle better than that. A d1 wrestler should be in better shape than what he showed after 1st period. Maybe he was sick. Now that I think about it TJ looked sluggish too. Not the normal TJ on his feet. Maybe he was under the weather also. It would sure be nice to have Monk in red instead of green.

I guess a bout of the crud had been going around the team.  Who knows but it looked like McCall blew his load in that first half of the first round and never got his wind back.

littleguy301

McCall was gassed after the first in Miinnesota a few weeks back also.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 02, 2014, 09:26:02 PM
McCall was gassed after the first in Miinnesota a few weeks back also.

That's what I was referring to.  Thought maybe he was sick or something, but I see things haven't improved for him in that regard.  Too bad, because he looks like a million bucks for about 2-3 minutes. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: RobertBell on February 02, 2014, 03:58:25 PM
Thanks Drew. 

Hein's biggest win is over Sheridan from Indiana and he may have the opportunity to put the nails in the coffin in Madison at the Big Tens.

McCall's biggest win is over Heflin from Ohio State and he may have the opportunity to put the nails in the coffin in Madison in a handful of weeks.

Jackson Hein has also beaten Jon Fausey of Virginia is ranked pretty high er than Sheridan ...
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: mkm13 on February 02, 2014, 02:10:17 PM
Quote from: leg turk on February 02, 2014, 02:02:34 PM

If I remember correctly, Ruschell beat Lubeck in the wrestle off.

That is correct, they have both beat each other multiple times and that match could have went either way. That said, sometimes the wrestler who can beat another in the room is not always the best wrestler for outside competition.

when you wrestle the same person every day and in a match your within a point and going into OT I'm not sure you can say one is better than the other. They are basically equal wrestling each other... but against outside competition Lubeck seems to do better.

Lubeck has quality wins against multiple wrestlers with winning records and ALL loses have been against wrestlers with 650% win percentage and better... so he doesn't lose to wrestlers with losing records and beats some with winning records.

TJ has 5 loses against wrestlers with losing records and 1 win against a wrestler with a winning record

I say their is no doubt against each other they are equal, against outside competition Lubeck is by far our best choice.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

hammen

wrestling for fun

dad 2 5

I have wonder. We have talked about guys running out of gas. I have to wonder if it is more mental then physical. Staying focused for the full 7 minutes plus. Hopefully that is something that can be worked on for the next month. I think they will go with RL now at 41. Is it confirmed that it was Jackson's knee, leg or his head?

imnofish

Quote from: RobertBell on February 03, 2014, 05:47:23 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on February 02, 2014, 11:10:46 PM
Thanks Drew.  

Hein's biggest win is over Sheridan from Indiana and he may have the opportunity to put the nails in the coffin in Madison at the Big Tens.

McCall's biggest win is over Heflin from Ohio State and he may have the opportunity to put the nails in the coffin in Madison in a handful of weeks.

Jackson Hein has also beaten Jon Fausey of Virginia is ranked pretty high er than Sheridan ...

Hein may have the opportunity to give deadly poison to Sheridan from Indiana in a few weeks in Madison at the B1Gs.

McCall may have the opportunity to bury Heflin from Ohio State under 30 ft. of snow in Madison at the B1Gs.

Hein may have the opportunity to throw Sheridan from Indiana in Lake Mendota in a few weeks.

McCall may have the opportunity to throw the ashes of Heflin from Ohio State in Lake Mendota in a few weeks.

Hein may have the opportunity to electrocute Sheridan from Indiana in a few weeks at the Big Ten tournament in Madison.

McCall may have the opportunity to decapitate Heflin from Ohio State in a few weeks at the Big Ten tournament in Madison

Bob, did you get your bell rung?  Maybe you just need a Snickers...   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

leg turk

whatever

Quote from: imnofish on February 03, 2014, 09:18:31 PM
Thanks Drew.  

Hein may have the opportunity to give deadly poison to Sheridan from Indiana in a few weeks in Madison at the B1Gs.

McCall may have the opportunity to bury Heflin from Ohio State under 30 ft. of snow in Madison at the B1Gs.

Hein may have the opportunity to throw Sheridan from Indiana in Lake Mendota in a few weeks.

McCall may have the opportunity to throw the ashes of Heflin from Ohio State in Lake Mendota in a few weeks.

Hein may have the opportunity to electrocute Sheridan from Indiana in a few weeks at the Big Ten tournament in Madison.

McCall may have the opportunity to decapitate Heflin from Ohio State in a few weeks at the Big Ten tournament in Madison

"...Do it for Mother Russia!...."

Love that commercial :)
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

imnofish

Quote from: whatever on February 04, 2014, 08:56:03 AM
Quote from: imnofish on February 03, 2014, 09:18:31 PM
Thanks Drew.  

"...Do it for Mother Russia!...."

Love that commercial :)

You're just not yourself, when you're hungry.   ;)