UW @ MN 1pm

Started by hammen, January 12, 2014, 10:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: Numbers on January 12, 2014, 05:55:48 PM
Quote from: hammen on January 12, 2014, 01:34:28 PM
Dardanes TD, 1 E Jesse, another Dardanes TD, 1 E Jesse. That's the match. 14-9 Dardanes win.

Appears JT is making strides.  JT might have wrestled more ranked wresters than anyone in the country so far this year.  I think that JT has faced Intermat's 3,4,5,6,8,10,15,16,17,19.  I realize all 10 were losses (some being really close, some not so close).  Yet there have not been many losses outside of ranked guys.  Really excited about the rest of the season!

I was at the match today and one thing that stood out was how small he looked for the weight class.  I thought he wrestled well, but was just not quite physical enough vs his opponent.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on January 12, 2014, 06:29:53 PM
Quote from: Numbers on January 12, 2014, 05:55:48 PM
Quote from: hammen on January 12, 2014, 01:34:28 PM
Dardanes TD, 1 E Jesse, another Dardanes TD, 1 E Jesse. That's the match. 14-9 Dardanes win.

Appears JT is making strides.  JT might have wrestled more ranked wresters than anyone in the country so far this year.  I think that JT has faced Intermat's 3,4,5,6,8,10,15,16,17,19.  I realize all 10 were losses (some being really close, some not so close).  Yet there have not been many losses outside of ranked guys.  Really excited about the rest of the season!

I was at the match today and one thing that stood out was how small he looked for the weight class.  I thought he wrestled well, but was just not quite physical enough vs his opponent.

I was there also, I have to agree with what you said and I also think he needs some extreme work on his feet.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: boowrestle on January 12, 2014, 03:24:51 PM
Is it just me,but sounded like Mn scored alot of takedownss off of UW shots,Badgers taking bad shots or Mn just that much better than UW on their feet????

I believe it was a combo of poor shots and MN being quicker on getting around or contering those shots.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Bucky got ankle picked several times today, too.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Gutwrench

Quote from: hammen on January 12, 2014, 05:25:33 PM

I thought we wrestled pretty well today.  This team is in serious contention for a national title, and we are working our way to be a top 10 team. Likely would've gotten 3 wins with Jordan in the line-up, but kudos to TJ for stepping in up a weight. I think this was a good weekend to build off going through the rest of the B1G dual season.

I completely agree with Drew here.  Even though the Minny dual score was a bit lop sided, it seemed to me like Wisconsin stayed agressive and were still in most of the matches going into the 3rd period.  Plug in Zeke and Hein and likely the dual score would have been much closer.  Wisconsin is not there yet, but things are certainly looking good.  Keep your heads up guys!  Keep banging away.

Go Badgers!

MNbadger

The Badgers looked ok.
I don't see Jordan beating Ness but he would have beaten Kingsley.
I certainly don't think Hein would beat SS.  Maybe he would keep it closer.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Gutwrench

Quote from: MNbadger on January 13, 2014, 01:08:44 PM
The Badgers looked ok.
I don't see Jordan beating Ness but he would have beaten Kingsley.
I certainly don't think Hein would beat SS.  Maybe he would keep it closer.

Was thinking the same about Hein.

billymurphy

Minnesota is tough at 184, but Jordan might be able to hang with Ness at 157.
Besides 125, Minnesota is pretty tough at every weight.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: imnofish on January 12, 2014, 06:58:27 PM

That goes to prove that mascot's should never wrestle.... !!  :-)
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

bigoil

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on January 13, 2014, 03:51:52 PM

If you ankle pick a badger, you wouldn't have much of a hand left, maybe we need to teach that???

imnofish

Quote from: howavi on January 13, 2014, 06:24:17 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on January 13, 2014, 03:51:52 PM

If you ankle pick a badger, you wouldn't have much of a hand left, maybe we need to teach that???

That should fit right in with our arsenal, since so many seem to like the claw ride.

stbird

Why didn't Jordan wrestle?