UW vs Penn St

Started by leg turk, December 13, 2015, 12:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Quote from: Barou on December 13, 2015, 01:19:14 PM
Next year

Agree. With another outstanding recruiting class coming in UW will be battling for a B1G Title, right Hammen

dad 2 5

Biggest surprise for me so far is RR. IS it medical, the weight cut, or something else. I expected him to be very competitive and fore sure top 15 if not higher.

Barou

Replay of match airing on BTN on Friday at 9:30 am cst.
JHI Mafia

imwi

Quote from: Barou on December 13, 2015, 08:03:25 PM

Watched most of it live on BTN Plus, I will tell you, it wasn't pretty, I wouldn't give up any serious Friday night activities to watch it.

JAMMIN

Quote from: Brett Favre on December 13, 2015, 04:19:59 PM
Quote from: Barou on December 13, 2015, 01:19:14 PM
Next year

Agree. With another outstanding recruiting class coming in UW will be battling for a B1G Title, right Hammen

Now that's funny stuff right there!

billymurphy

The drop in weight has not been a good idea for Ricky Robertson.
I wonder who came up with that plan, and why did somebody come up with the plan,
since RR was having success at 184.

I read what the Penn State fans wrote about the match today.
I saw how somebody said Penn State's 3rd string guys and 2016 recruits
would have had no trouble beating the Badgers team today.
-hard to argue with that.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: The Angry Fish on December 13, 2015, 08:54:23 PM
Quote from: imwi on December 13, 2015, 08:16:15 PM
Quote from: Barou on December 13, 2015, 08:03:25 PM

Watched most of it live on BTN Plus, I will tell you, it wasn't pretty, I wouldn't give up any serious Friday night activities to watch it.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm most surprised at the seemingly lack of effort on the mat? The Badgers aren't a great team right now, but they are better than they're wrestling.

They are who we thought they were!!!

Ivan Stankowski

The team was 5-15 for the weekend
4 of the matches that were won were by a total of 6 points!!!

Not a good weekend

leg turk

If the Badgers don't get Taylor back for Midlands, they might not even finish in the top 20.

mkm13

The PSU announcer said Taylor reinjured his shoulder wrestling against Pitt.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: mkm13 on December 14, 2015, 08:06:06 AM
The PSU announcer said Taylor reinjured his shoulder wrestling against Pitt.

can he get medical RS
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Micah

It's just wrestling so nothing will change until someone retires, unless the school is Iowa (then you can get fired for not winning a title every year).  As long as graduation rates are good and the program isn't causing troubles on campus then things will stay status quo.  Just look at the MSU program.

Wrestling is a if you build it they will come sport, it's inappropriate term01 to expect a large crowds when the product is just average.  Football can go 7-6 and fill the stadium, not going to happen for a fringe sport. If you want large crowds you need to be exciting or dominant in wrestling.  A guy like Imar, Dieringer  :) and I. Miller can draw a crowd even if the team is not dominant.

The kids will be the first to admit they need to get better, but as a program nothing will change.  Maybe just take pride in having a good group of kids on the team.  (I am assuming this as I have never heard anything bad about them) Ideally you want good kids and to win but I wouldn't trade good kids for a bunch jerks.  People don't hate Iowa cause they win.

Must admit that a new coach can really inject life into a program (NC State, VT, ASU, NCO, and WVU). Just imagine JB or Guerrero as HC, add like a Metcalf/stieber as an assistant to go with Brandvold and Ruschel

gijd

Agree with you 100% Micah. The Badgers hit bottom a couple of years ago and have gotten better since then, not to mention some depth in the room. I'm sure the guys are working hard and know what they have to do. The way they lost to Pitt was surprising, but losing to PSU was no surprise and quite honestly expected. Can blame the coaching staff all you want but they don't wrestle the matches and I'm sure the guys wrestling know the blame falls on them. They still have a couple of months to improve and hoping some of these guys can turn it around.

dman

Why should it EVER be expected to lose to any team like they have?

Jimmy

Based on injuries,redshirts,weight cutting decisions and a history of not developing talent at Madison I think it is a reasonable expectation that they would get spanked by PSU.