UW vs Pittsburgh, 12/12/2015

Started by leg turk, December 07, 2015, 09:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Does anybody know much about them?  I see Intermat has a few of their guys ranked.

133- Dom Forys- 19th
141- Mike Racciato- 10th
HWT-  Ryan Solomon-  19th

Team- dual-  25th.

Do we get Taylor back for this one?

bkraus

If Taylor is still dinged up I would hold him out until Sunday with Penn State.
Strive for Perfection

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

lizard king

285 will be an interesting match, Solomon is having a good season and has beaten three decent guys.  His two losses are to pretty tough guys and they were close.  I really think this is a match that Brock can win, it will be tough, but will really help for rankings.

imwi

Quote from: Ghetto on December 07, 2015, 09:42:55 AM
Is Lee in the lineup for them?

I am suspecting he is redshirting, I follow them somewhat since I am from Pittsburgh, I haven't seen his name on any thing that gets sent out.  Doesn't mean he's not wrestling unattached just haven't seen his name.  The only one I know of is Nick Bonaccorsi, 2 time NCAA qualifier but I mostly know of him because his dad handed me my only loss in 9th grade....nah not bitter about it 40 years later......

Here's what they have listed for Lee, I don't see him listed red-shirting.  Guess we will know more as the season progresses.

2015-16: Finished the Terrapin Duals 2-1 after pinning David Migliaccio (Kutztown) in 3:55 and Anthony Craig (West Liberty) in 2:28.

Modification:  Apparently legturk is more up to speed on Lee than I am

imwi

Quote from: leg turk on December 07, 2015, 01:47:16 PM
This is where I saw his name, in the results.
http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-wrestl/recaps/112015aaa.html

You are correct sir.  I just follow them on twitter and hadn't seen his name come across in some tournament they were at.  I wish him the best.

stbird

Robert Lee is not redshirting.  I talked to him when he wrestled in the Terrapin Duals back in November in Maryland.  I saw him wrestle in his first collegiate match which was pretty cool.  He admitted he was a little nervous and didn't really look like the Robert Lee I remembered, but by match 3 he was back to himself and looking good.  He looked really good in the Lehigh match and lost in a close one to a pretty good kid.  He is undersized for the weight, but as you see, Pitt has some pretty good studs at 33 and 41. 

Ghetto

Will Lubeck or Crone be in the lineup at 149? Is Crone hurt or did Lubeck take the spot?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

Quote from: Ghetto on December 09, 2015, 11:11:33 AM
Will Lubeck or Crone be in the lineup at 149? Is Crone hurt or did Lubeck take the spot?

Crone got hurt at the Michigan state open, or the Navy Classic, I don't remember which one.  Not sure if he's back or not, we won't know until the wrestler steps on to the mat against Pitt.

jets152

Anyone have an idea what happened to Aaron Rothwell (Sheboygan North)? I can't find him on the Pitt roster..
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

Musky Hunter

RT will be going this weekend.  Two great matches to get him started. 

leg turk

Quote from: Musky Hunter on December 10, 2015, 08:54:03 PM

Thank you.. And idea on Crone?

Musky Hunter

Quote from: leg turk on December 10, 2015, 09:06:34 PM
Quote from: Musky Hunter on December 10, 2015, 08:54:03 PM

Thank you.. And idea on Crone?

not sure yet