Started by TomM, November 13, 2015, 02:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bkraus

I was wishing Newman and Siefert were going to be in the lineup.  I wanted to see what they could do against D1 competition.  The Hawks will be fine! 
Strive for Perfection

BuckyMatt

I went to the meet last night and was impressed with the Badgers offense.  They seemed to be constantly looking to attack which hasn't always been the case.

Whitewater was certainly outmatched in several weights but held their own in many others. I would have loved to see their returning AA's wrestle but we were without our two AA's also. 

All in all, it was a fun to see real wrestling live since the Badgers wont host again until Jan 8th.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

The only points Whitewater scored were escapes.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

jaguarwrestler

Mr Behind the Times here... but how long is IJ out for? Is Grahek the starter at 141, if so is he also banged up?
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Per the wiwrestling link below, Isaac Jordan is scheduled to be back for the Navy Classic (Nov 21) and Ryan Taylor for the Las Vegas Open (12/4).

http://www.wiwrestling.com/badgers-shut-out-whitewater-in-opener/

Rowh and Grahek never wrestled off at the Red/White duals, but I would presume they will both wrestle at the Michigan State Open.
Kirk Nelson

CLC FAN

IJ back for the Navy classic - not the MSU open

whatever

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on November 13, 2015, 04:26:47 PM

Not true - the 174 lbs match, WW kid scored first takedown.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: whatever on November 15, 2015, 08:21:10 AM

I stand corrected - I was following the blog only...

Those Prices are tough !
Kirk Nelson

vsmf2010

I believe it was the second takedown of the match and was immediately reversed. Personally I thought it was a questionable call and if it would have been a big ten match likely would have been reviewed. To give credit where credit is due. I thought Price wrestled very well against Ricky and did a nice job.

Spartan

Quote from: vsmf2010 on November 15, 2015, 02:16:01 PM

I believe it was the second takedown of the match and was immediately reversed. Personally I thought it was a questionable call and if it would have been a big ten match likely would have been reviewed. To give credit where credit is due. I thought Price wrestled very well against Ricky and did a nice job.
[/quote

Now that is funny. I imagine you had a great angle at the scramble?

vsmf2010

Quote from: Spartan on November 15, 2015, 06:57:39 PM

[/quote

All I said was "Personally I thought it was a questionable call and if it would have been a big ten match likely would have been reviewed". It is very likely that I am wrong. It was a bang bang move. Not accusing you of anything or saying it was a bad call, horrible call, etc.. I was very clear that it was only my opinion and of course that takes into account my angle. I thought the officiating was great and you do a great job.

On a side note. I have tons of greats friends who are officials and a great respect for what they do. When I was coaching and I did have an issue it always fell in to 3 categories: not knowing the rules, being out of position, and an unwillingness to consider the possibility that they may have made a mistake. I do not think that coaches expect perfection but for anyone to think they are beyond reproach to me is silly.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: vsmf2010 on November 16, 2015, 08:29:14 AM
Quote from: Spartan on November 15, 2015, 06:57:39 PM

[/quote

All I said was "Personally I thought it was a questionable call and if it would have been a big ten match likely would have been reviewed". It is very likely that I am wrong. It was a bang bang move. Not accusing you of anything or saying it was a bad call, horrible call, etc.. I was very clear that it was only my opinion and of course that takes into account my angle. I thought the officiating was great and you do a great job.

On a side note. I have tons of greats friends who are officials and a great respect for what they do. When I was coaching and I did have an issue it always fell in to 3 categories: not knowing the rules, being out of position, and an unwillingness to consider the possibility that they may have made a mistake. I do not think that coaches expect perfection but for anyone to think they are beyond reproach to me is silly.

I was at the meet, had a good angle, and agree it was questionable, although certainly a bam bam call.  Overall, the officiating was very good and fair.