2019-2020

Started by dad 2 5, March 23, 2019, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

Quote from: DarkKnight on June 29, 2019, 09:41:45 AM
Yes. I believe Barnett is not doing Fargo and Burwick will be 125 starter.

Barnett and Burwick will be a dynamic 1-2 punch to start the lightweights in the future. Looking forward to see what these young men accomplish with the rest of our studs.

+1

dad 2 5

this is not , NOT going to happen but how good of a line up would this be?

57 Wick
65 Dow
74 Sebastian
84 Breaske
97 Watkins

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

The Polar Bear was never going to wrestle IMO. Should have come to OL University though. Guess he will have to get beat by the Badgers for the next five years.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

Assuming he redshirts, that'll be five.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

dad 2 5

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on June 29, 2019, 01:40:30 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on June 29, 2019, 01:28:07 PM
The Polar Bear was never going to wrestle IMO. Should have come to OL University though. Guess he will have to get beat by the Badgers for the next five years.

That's cool that football players get to play 5 years now.

Now they get to play 4 games their freshmen year and still redshirt so they play five years. Seems weird they allow that

wrastle63

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on June 29, 2019, 01:40:30 PM

That's cool that football players get to play 5 years now.
Super cool.... almost like backwards hats?

dad 2 5

Quote from: Luke Louison on June 28, 2019, 09:46:29 AM
The one thing I don't think is updated on the team site are the weights for the returning team members. My plan is to adjust them in my spreadsheet when they adjust them officially. For now, you'll see we don't currently have a 174-pounder listed on the roster!

It looks like Vosters might be in the mix for our completely up-in-the-air 157-pound slot. I could see this weight going a bunch of different ways.

The other two mystery spots of sorts are 174 and 197. I'm operating under the assumption that it's going to be Dow at 174 (he was there during freestyle season) and Breske at 197. Still, I can't imagine Taylor Watkins transferred in for no reason at all. Maybe Beau is planning to drop back down to 174?

Which do you think makes our lineup stronger this season?

174 - Dow / 197 - Breske

OR

174 - Breske / 197 - Watkins

I see you list Connor Brown with the ??
Do you think what ever the issue for him needing to be out of the room is resolved and he is returning? IS that the "great day" statement?
What about Model going up to 57? Does he have a the frame to go up there?

npope

While I am certainly not a Badger-insider, I have heard from reasonable sources that C. Brown left because HEW. If that be the case, it is hard to believe that he would come back just because the team around him is getting stronger. But stranger things have happened...
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

bigG

Good, quick, read. Thanks for posting WWF.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

thesweep

As long as everyone is going to transfer in and we need a 157lber... maybe someone should tell Nelson Brands that if he can make 157lbs, he can crack the lineup here.  It would make for a pretty interesting storyline.

FoldEmUp

Quote from: npope on July 17, 2019, 10:29:35 AM
While I am certainly not a Badger-insider, I have heard from reasonable sources that C. Brown left because HEW. If that be the case, it is hard to believe that he would come back just because the team around him is getting stronger. But stranger things have happened...

HEW?

npope

Quote from: FoldEmUp on July 17, 2019, 09:29:03 PM
Quote from: npope on July 17, 2019, 10:29:35 AM

HEW?

HEW = Had Enough Wrestling

I thought everyone knew that...or possibly at least felt it at some point in their career.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

TomM

Nat,
That is not even listed in the Urban Dictionary. Must be an Illinois thing.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"