Possible matches to watch

Started by kpugh8680, March 22, 2017, 03:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpugh8680

What matches are fans hoping to see this weekend at Youth State.

aarons23

I can not believe how quite the kids thread is.  Not to many years ago there would be many threads talking about different weights, different match ups, age groups ect.... 
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

madeyson

Maybe I am in the minority - but I think talking about the good matchups (keeping it positive) is good for our sport. It recognizes the up and comers in the sport. So I will give my few potential matchups that I would look forward to watching:

02-03 90 lbs - Blaine Brenner vs Nicolar Rivera - those two could really put on a show
02-03 80 lbs - Troy Dolphin, Carter Ziebell, Alec Hunter, Jager Eisch, Shane Corrigan, Tyler Klein - not sure where to begin...many great matchups there
02-03  115 lbs - Karson Kasper vs Bailey Thelen - rematch from regionals...was a great match there
04-05 85 lbs - Brayden Sonnentag vs Corbin Ramos - two explosive wrestlers

Just some that I see as great matchups - I think no matter who wins or loses in any of these matches - watch the talent cause it is exciting to continue to see the talent in Wisconsin wrestling.

Good luck to everyone this weekend - always a great experience for the kids, fans...and families!

aarons23

Quote from: madeyson on March 23, 2017, 12:26:27 PM
Maybe I am in the minority - but I think talking about the good matchups (keeping it positive) is good for our sport. It recognizes the up and comers in the sport. So I will give my few potential matchups that I would look forward to watching:

02-03 90 lbs - Blaine Brenner vs Nicolar Rivera - those two could really put on a show
02-03 80 lbs - Troy Dolphin, Carter Ziebell, Alec Hunter, Jager Eisch, Shane Corrigan, Tyler Klein - not sure where to begin...many great matchups there
02-03  115 lbs - Karson Kasper vs Bailey Thelen - rematch from regionals...was a great match there
04-05 85 lbs - Brayden Sonnentag vs Corbin Ramos - two explosive wrestlers

Just some that I see as great matchups - I think no matter who wins or loses in any of these matches - watch the talent cause it is exciting to continue to see the talent in Wisconsin wrestling.

Good luck to everyone this weekend - always a great experience for the kids, fans...and families!

80 is loaded....might be the toughest bracket there.  I agree the discussion is good for the sport.  With out your post I wouldn't have realized how loaded 80 was or that there was another kid as good as Nicolar or even the Kasper / Thelen rematch...now I have something to look for.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Sudden Death

There are a handful of matches I'm excited to watch. I will post them later tonight. The ones list already are some of them

littleguy301

All weights and all ages will have good matches to those families that have a kid at state wrestling!!!!!!

I am sure there are some pretty good studs in Madison that will be a force in the high school next year also!!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Certainly not a full list:
Above mentioned Kasper and Thelan.
125-150 Schwartz, Ortegon, Blanchard, Wallace, Stebani,default to Aaron above that weight but there are a few up there to watch.

I'm sure there will be more to watch Saturday night.

aarons23

Mechler Stoughton 120
Jankowski Cedarburg 112?
Banker Bondual 160
Wallace Burlington 150?
Coppock Mosinee 150/160
Empey Stoughton 185
Sanderfoot Kimberly 105
Bianchi Two Rivers 112
I'm sure there are more I'll think of.

It's very strenuous! 

Sudden Death

Here are some names that I think have a chance to win their bracket or hit podium. This is just my opinion and I'm sure I have missed some great wrestlers.

02/03
80. As stated before what a group: A Hunter, T Klein, C Ziebell, T Dolphin & S Corrigan
85 D Ford, M Rogge
90 N Rivera, B Brenner (Rivera is one of my favorites to watch)
105 M Sanderfoot, J Sricker, J Bird, J Ganos & W Kaczrowski
115 K Kasper, B Thelen
120 Mechler
140 Z Wallace, T Blanchard

04/05
70 J Showalter, R Spurley & P Heintz
73 C Beckett & Woracheck
79 G Clark, R Nilo, T Anderson & Eliszewski
82 Sullivan, Suddeth & Fledge
85 Sonnentag, C Ramos, Z Licht, R Nilo & B Hart

Sudden Death

Good call I forgot about P Jacobson...

aarons23

80 turned out to be be a real barn burner....some very good kids left off the podium.  The toughest weight class in my opinion.

N. Rivera proved to be the stud I thought....was down 4 point with little time on clock and still pulled out.  

Gage Coppock dominate at 150

Brooke Empey pins in finals.

Gangos one tough Cookie at 105

Mechler breezes through 120..although Tyler Strupp wrestled a great tourney and finished 3rd.

Blanchard at 140...what a stud.

Dj Smith pins his way through at 175

Those are just some of 02/03 I saw...sure I'm leaving some out,  please add to it.

It's very strenuous! 

bigoil

Quote from: aarons23 on March 26, 2017, 08:58:33 AM
80 turned out to be be a real barn burner....some very good kids left off the podium.  The toughest weight class in my opinion.

N. Rivera proved to be the stud I thought....was down 4 point with little time on clock and still pulled out. 

Gage Coppock dominate at 160

Brooke Empey pins in finals.

Gangos one tough Cookie at 105

Mechler breezes through 120..although Tyler Strupp wrestled a great tourney and finished 3rd.

Blanchard at 140...what a stud.

Dj Smith pins his way through at 175

Those are just some of 02/03 I saw...sure I'm leaving some out,  please add to it.

Adding to Aaron's list - 125/130 Schwartz and Ortegon are two names to track and I believe Whiting is only a 7th grader winning at 135.

Coppock was 150 but equally impressive as he was Joles at 160.

And wow, what an incredibly organized tournament. My first kids state tournament since 1983 and that was at Lincoln Field House. Great job by Jeff Jones, Schaaf, Black, and many more. Great refereeing.

Hard to believe they are close to outgrowing the Alliant Center!

littleguy301

Wow got back satuarday night and still cannt believe how well the WWF runs the state meet. Boy they have a formula that is completly out of hand good!!!!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

MARTEZ2K

A lot of incredible matches over this past weekend. WWF does an incredible job with its Youth State tournament, proud to have had my little guy be a part of it and look forward to future involvement. Exciting upsets in the older ages as well as younger. Cant wait until next season.

Numbers

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 27, 2017, 02:11:04 PM
Wow got back satuarday night and still cannt believe how well the WWF runs the state meet. Boy they have a formula that is completly out of hand good!!!!!!!!

I think that lower level to stage athletes is the key.  Keeps the fans from the mats.  In addition to knowledgable planners making this unreal for the youth level.  Matches taped this year (or whatever the digital term is).  What else is even on the dream list?