Zeke Jordan B1G Champ

Started by hammen, March 08, 2015, 06:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

Winning the B1G deserves its own thread. Congrats to Zeke on a great match! Tough ride and great leg defense. This win likely locked up a 2 seed for Zeke - at least a 3. Either way he should be on the opposite side of Alex.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Musky Hunter

Micah

Was glad to see it especially since Bo gets most the pub.

stbird

vsmf2010

Quote from: hammen on March 08, 2015, 06:04:52 PM
Winning the B1G deserves its own thread. Congrats to Zeke on a great match! Tough ride and great leg defense. This win likely locked up a 2 seed for Zeke - at least a 3. Either way he should be on the opposite side of Alex.
Drew,

Are you pretty confident of that? No chance that Moreno and Sulzer get the 2 and the 3? Be great to have a chance to wrestle Moreno again and be on the opposite side of Bo and Alex.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Outstanding accomplishment.. Let's keep it rolling at Nationals !!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

hammen

Winning the B1G typically gets the nod, especially after defeating two top guys in the process. I would be very surprised if Zeke did not get at least a 3 seed.

bigG

Looked sharp as a tack yesterday.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

hammen

Sulzer's best wins are Walsh (4-2) and either Austin Wilson by major, or Nick Moore (8-7). His losses are to Alex twice and Ethan Ramos of North Carolina.

Moreno's best win is Zeke, which hurts. He has losses to Alex (x2) and Taylor Walsh (by first period fall). He next best win is Peyton Walsh of Navy.

Zeke has the loss to Air Force in November, and then Moreno by fall. He has wins over Walsh (x2), Harger, Previously undefeated BoJo, and the rest of the big ten.

Zeke and Sulzer have similar resumes this season (one "good loss" and one "bad loss"). Zeke is undefeated in the big ten and has better quality wins.

Moreno has the head to head over Zeke unfortunately. But he also has the loss to Walsh, whom Zeke defeated twice this season. Zeke has the better record, and won his conference, which I think the committee takes highly into consideration.

I would seed as: 1) Alex, 2) Zeke/Moreno 3) Zeke/Moreno 4) Sulzer 5) BoJo

jeast

We got home at 3 am.  Went right to bed.  Now at work...argh...Still don't know how or what he did on that "sick" counter to the ankle pick.  Can't wait to get home from work tonight and watch the replay.  Great match. Really hushed the crowd.  Great job Zeke!
"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

jeast

Great camera angle!  That was SWEET!
"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"

onwisconsin

Congratulations Isaac!!    Now go get the biggest prize!!   

Micah

That was a pretty sweet counter, happened so fast in-time I originally thought Bo slipped to his butt.  That was not the case, hope he has a few more tricks he can pull out in two weeks!