4 matches in 9 days!

Started by leg turk, February 08, 2016, 08:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Lots of wrestling coming up, great for the fans, but I hope it doesn't beat up the wrestlers too bad!

Feb 12th, Friday, 6:00 pm, at Ohio ST
Feb 14th, Sun, 10:30 am, at Maryland
Feb 18th, Thurs, 6:00 pm, at Central Michigan
Feb 21st, Sunday, 12:00 pm, Northwestern

Micah

leg turk

Potentially... Zeke vs Bo, 3 times in the next month or so.  Any chance one of them does not wrestle in this first showdown on Friday?

Ghetto

I'm totally dumb to this, but will they stay on the road with tutors? Or come back, fly, come back, fly?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Micah

I don't think IJ will sit,  if anyone sits a match it will be Bo.  Ryan seems to sit guys a lot if he knows it will help their seed.

stbird

Same chance Larry Owens had of beating Gable.  Slim to none!

Quote from: The Angry Fish on February 08, 2016, 12:23:52 PM
With all the talk ( and betting ) on the Bo vs Issac matchup, in the end do either have a realistic chance of beating a healthy AD?

badgerjohn

With all the talk ( and betting ) on the Bo vs Issac matchup, in the end do either have a realistic chance of beating a healthy AD?

not saying the match was close .... but the score was

FRI JAN 22, 2016 7PM

AT #5 OKLAHOMA STATE
STILLWATER, OKLA.

In arguably the most impressive match of the night, redshirt freshman 165-pounder Daniel Lewis (Blue Springs, Mo.) amassed over four minutes of riding time against No. 1-ranked Alex Dieringer, but fell just short to the two-time defending national champion, 4-3.

165: Alex Dieringer (Oklahoma State) def. Daniel Lewis (Mizzou) by 4-3 decision

http://www.mutigers.com/news/2016/1/22/WREST_0122160312.aspx?path=wrestling
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Micah

Quote from: The Angry Fish on February 08, 2016, 01:30:19 PM
Quote from: badgerjohn on February 08, 2016, 01:11:26 PM

not saying the match was close .... but the score was

FRI JAN 22, 2016 7PM

AT #5 OKLAHOMA STATE
STILLWATER, OKLA.

In arguably the most impressive match of the night, redshirt freshman 165-pounder Daniel Lewis (Blue Springs, Mo.) amassed over four minutes of riding time against No. 1-ranked Alex Dieringer, but fell just short to the two-time defending national champion, 4-3.

165: Alex Dieringer (Oklahoma State) def. Daniel Lewis (Mizzou) by 4-3 decision

http://www.mutigers.com/news/2016/1/22/WREST_0122160312.aspx?path=wrestling

No doubt. Anyone can get caught slipping.

I am a big Dieringer fan and I don't think he will lose.  However, Bo did kinda have him on the ropes in the semis.  I do remember AD on bottom and squawking.  Hope AD does not choose down against Bo and wins by a few TDs this year.

CLC FAN

Yes.  Not because of the "Goliath's" credentials but because of "David's" style of victory.  Rulon wrestled a very impressive defensive match and shut down an offensive juggernaut.  But he didn't score points on Karelin - Karelin lost a point for breaking his clinch.  I know it's sacrilige, but to me that's less impressive than how Owings beat Gable.

stp

I think Bo matches up better against AD, than zeke. 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.