Previous topic - Next topic

badgers

Quote from: dman on March 26, 2013, 02:22:29 PM
Quote from: badgers on March 26, 2013, 10:51:59 AM
Quote from: dman on March 26, 2013, 08:46:28 AM
Quote from: badgers on March 25, 2013, 10:44:44 AM
Quote from: dman on March 24, 2013, 09:39:57 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on March 24, 2013, 08:37:41 PM
Howe won in freestyle, NO way he beats Dake in folk style.

Ummm....what??  Coocoo....coocoo!  I love how people disregard certain wrestlers when they haven't seen them wrestle in awhile.  People always think the guy they like improves and no one else does.  Howe does not lose to Dake.....period.  Good match, but Howe beats him no matter what style it is.....he is a world class athlete.....Dake is on top of the NCAA wrestling world right now and I love the way he wrestles but he is no Andrew Howe.
Dman when's the last time you seen Howe wrestle then since you know for a fact he is better then Dake! To say that Dake is not a world class athlete is just foolish to say!

Hmmm....last time I saw Howe wrestle....oh yeah...the olympic trials where he man handled Taylor.  He didn't get to wrestle Dake cause Dake lost to Paulson who then had to face Howe in the challenge finals.  And then saw Howe give Jordan Buroughs all he could handle before getting hurt.  Oh and there was the 2011 World Team trials where again, Howe made the challenge finals and won and Dake lost twice.

I am a huge Dake fan, but to say he is better than Howe.....based on what??
Oh yeah.... the last time was year ago and the last time we seen Dake wrestle was THREE days ago! It doesn't matter that Howe made it farther in the trials then Dake did! It's all about match-ups! Plus they never wrestle is folkstyle so how can you say Howe is better? And Howe has been hurt for a year so to go out and say that Howe would win hands down is foolish! They would split if they wrestled 10 times! I'm a huge fan of both too but to go out there and say Howe would win any style and time is foolish! But you can keep living the past on your 2011 and 2012 stats!

Phew....glad I have your support to keep living the past on actual facts and stats.....my day is complete.    ::)
Well I guess we will never find out who would win in FOLKSYLE but we do know if we go by STATS Dake is better!!

whatever

Quote from: MNbadger on March 26, 2013, 08:53:06 PM
One of my biggest peeves in wrestling is that stalling calls are affected by the score.  Stalling is stalling is stalling.  It shouldn't matter if you have the lead or are behind.

Totally agree with that.  If a kid has a two point lead and can afford to give up a stalling point - fine.

I also hate it when referees think you can't call stalling more than once in 15-20 seconds.  Example - 15 seconds left in the match and the kid with a one point lead literally starts running away from his opponent so the referee makes the stalling call and the kid keeps doing exactly what he's doing.....but the referee won't make that second call, even though the kid is still running away.....
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

padre

I agree to an extent but there is a reason that kid is chasing the other kid...of course he is doing anything(many times wildly) to get the other kid to engage...but that wrestler would not be doing that if he were not down so late in the match....so I agree that there should be some leniency to the guy ahead.

zugzoo

Quote from: Kyle on March 25, 2013, 02:10:07 PM
Quote from: zugzoo on March 25, 2013, 12:55:34 PM
I'm not saying that dropping down to an ankle and holding a guy is the same as having somebody flat on their back for 2 seconds,

Maybe you did not mean that, but that is what you said and that is what you would get if you got rid of stalling.
Kyle

Yeah? And then you would see a lot more kids trying different and cool things to get out from bottom.
Quote from: howaviYour reward for winning Sectionals: Weston Olund Merrill 11-2 12  vs Jesse Thielke Germantown 39-1 10

dman

Quote from: badgers on March 26, 2013, 08:54:10 PM

Ummm....what??  Coocoo....coocoo!  I love how people disregard certain wrestlers when they haven't seen them wrestle in awhile.  People always think the guy they like improves and no one else does.  Howe does not lose to Dake.....period.  Good match, but Howe beats him no matter what style it is.....he is a world class athlete.....Dake is on top of the NCAA wrestling world right now and I love the way he wrestles but he is no Andrew Howe.
Dman when's the last time you seen Howe wrestle then since you know for a fact he is better then Dake! To say that Dake is not a world class athlete is just foolish to say!

Hmmm....last time I saw Howe wrestle....oh yeah...the olympic trials where he man handled Taylor.  He didn't get to wrestle Dake cause Dake lost to Paulson who then had to face Howe in the challenge finals.  And then saw Howe give Jordan Buroughs all he could handle before getting hurt.  Oh and there was the 2011 World Team trials where again, Howe made the challenge finals and won and Dake lost twice.

Oh yeah.... the last time was year ago and the last time we seen Dake wrestle was THREE days ago! It doesn't matter that Howe made it farther in the trials then Dake did! It's all about match-ups! Plus they never wrestle is folkstyle so how can you say Howe is better? And Howe has been hurt for a year so to go out and say that Howe would win hands down is foolish! They would split if they wrestled 10 times! I'm a huge fan of both too but to go out there and say Howe would win any style and time is foolish! But you can keep living the past on your 2011 and 2012 stats!

Phew....glad I have your support to keep living the past on actual facts and stats.....my day is complete.    ::)
Well I guess we will never find out who would win in FOLKSYLE but we do know if we go by STATS Dake is better!!

So Dake has beat Howe when??

hammen

Poor lil dman can't stop looking at the past - surprising  ;)

Kyle

Quote from: zugzoo on March 28, 2013, 02:01:41 PM
Quote from: Kyle on March 25, 2013, 02:10:07 PM
Quote from: zugzoo on March 25, 2013, 12:55:34 PM
I'm not saying that dropping down to an ankle and holding a guy is the same as having somebody flat on their back for 2 seconds,

Maybe you did not mean that, but that is what you said and that is what you would get if you got rid of stalling.
Kyle

Yeah? And then you would see a lot more kids trying different and cool things to get out from bottom.

I already know what you would get.  Back in the 70's stalling wasn't called nearly as quickly as it is today and it was legal to drop to the ankles and work for a stalemate as the bottom man was trying to escape and we did, and it wasn't as fun to watch as todays rules.

It aint broke so we don't need to fix it until it is.
Kyle

dman

Quote from: hammen on March 28, 2013, 03:49:54 PM
Poor lil dman can't stop looking at the past - surprising  ;)

Okay....you are right....using historical facts to predict future results is not a good way to think.....going off of pure assumptions and speculations is the way to go....got it!

I am so going to kick your butt next time I see you drew!!  Ha!   :-*

Coach N.Ryan

In regards to the Dake/Taylor match, I thought it was an awesome match and acquired great publicity for the sport of wrestling. In regards to stalling, I have a pet peeve when a ref calls stalling on a wrestler who is winning in the third period for something that both wrestlers were doing in the first period, second period, etc. Refs need to be consistent. If you didn't call it in the first period then it is not right to call it in the third because someone is winning.

whatever

Quote from: dman on March 28, 2013, 02:05:39 PM

Uhmmmm (cough, cough)

Just had to bring this up...! ;)
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Todd

Quote from: whatever on June 25, 2013, 09:09:55 AM
Quote from: dman on March 28, 2013, 02:05:39 PM

Ummm....what??  Coocoo....coocoo!  I love how people disregard certain wrestlers when they haven't seen them wrestle in awhile.  People always think the guy they like improves and no one else does.  Howe does not lose to Dake.....period.  Good match, but Howe beats him no matter what style it is.....he is a world class athlete.....Dake is on top of the NCAA wrestling world right now and I love the way he wrestles but he is no Andrew Howe.

Hmmm....last time I saw Howe wrestle....oh yeah...the olympic trials where he man handled Taylor.  He didn't get to wrestle Dake cause Dake lost to Paulson who then had to face Howe in the challenge finals.  And then saw Howe give Jordan Buroughs all he could handle before getting hurt.  Oh and there was the 2011 World Team trials where again, Howe made the challenge finals and won and Dake lost twice.

Phew....glad I have your support to keep living the past on actual facts and stats.....my day is complete.    ::)

Uhmmmm (cough, cough)

Just had to bring this up...! ;)

Ha!  Dake had an amazing tournament in a buzzsaw bracket then he ran into a gold medalist who showed that he is #1 in the world and in a league of his own.  I did not expect that dominance by Burroughs, I thought he would win but it would be a closer match.

"This page intentionally left blank".

TLV

whether Dake can beat Howe in FS, is no longer a question of someone's opinion. He can......and he can beat Paulson......and he can beat Taylor.........and Taylor can hammer the inappropriate term3 out of Howe. And Dake needs some more time to figure out his mentor and biggest fan Burroughs.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

dman

Yep....Dake is the only one that will get better....no one else will.   ::) ::)

CLC FAN

TVL... did you watch the Taylor vs Howe match?  Watching it, I did not see dominance by Taylor.  That may sound silly considering it was a tech fall, but it was really just insanely tough defense by Taylor on a gutsy/risky attempt by Howe. 

Anyway... it will be interesting to see if Taylor is in fact beyond Howe or if they are at the point where what happened is about the most lopsided it will ever get between those two.

Will they both be 165 for the NCAA season next year? 

hammen

Andrew will be 174. Hopefully Taylor pulls a Dake and moves up. 174 would be pretty crazy. Only problem is the PSU lineup is best with Taylor at 165.