This Was Flagrant Misconduct?

Started by beastmode, March 03, 2019, 07:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beastmode

Came across this today, I'd love to hear what this forum has to say.
Follow the link to the article and video.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6380224-this-was-flagrant-misconduct
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

mike

Quote from: beastmode on March 03, 2019, 07:16:05 PM
Came across this today, I'd love to hear what this forum has to say.
Follow the link to the article and video.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6380224-this-was-flagrant-misconduct
Get on this Luke!

bigoil

He head butted the kid pretty clearly. He held up his fist showing a stalling call and you want to take his word over the ref who if you watch the full tape is very disgusted with what he saw.

Another post where they out who the referee is. Flo getting involved is ludicrous. There is no view of where or what is fingers did or didn't do.

bigG

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 03, 2019, 08:31:28 PM
I know that most of the juice has been squeezed out of this orange. I get it. But, I still think it's paramount that we, as a community, band together and see if we can figure out a way to give refs more power.

Maybe we can empower them to give up Unsportsmanlike Penalties for bad posture, or something? There's got to be a way to give them just a little more.

But we should all lock arms to change the flexing thing. All or none. Let's eliminate the profanity thing , too. It might cause a good wrestler to miss state. That way we empower kids to behave like clowns, and take away the power of those malicious officials.  ::) It's the talent level that matters, right? Hate to deny the talented based on some silly rules.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

What is the point of high school sports? Is it to be a state champ and win at all cost or develop life skills and character? Obviously both would be best, but I would rather have a kid never make it to state and treat refs, his opponenets, teammates, and coaches with respect and do things the right way then swear, taunt, etc.

Try and swear at your boss and question his judgement and see what happens today.

ramjet

Hey I know, maybe we should have a Supreme Court of refferees/average citizens so that any call that is disputed can be brought before this court. The backlog will be deep but then each disputed call will get its day in court. Who cares if it takes years for a case because of the backlog with these Supreme Justices and it will take years.  As long as justice according to Luke who will be the keyboard public defender gets these cases in front of the panel.    ::) One by one he will see that justice is served according to the exact rule and he will also use FB video to make sure the evidence is clear and concise to overturn any ref that dares make a judgment call. Then as pusihment those refs who calls were overturned will be subjected to taking the series of computer courses called "Making the call by Luke." If they come before the court more than once they will be replaced by a live feed camera that will feed to Luke's home so he can make sure the matchs are being run according to letter of the rules no judgements. Luke will also develop and computer video series of celebrations for wrestlers that not include a wide variety of muscle poses and flexes but how to do it so to disrespect opponents and fans and refs without being obvious. If you pass you get a bonus edition that teaches you how to swear under your breath so your fans know you are doing it but the ref does not. These hand gestures will be coded so the special meaning is only known by Luke and those who take his course online.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bigoil

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 04, 2019, 07:46:12 AM
What is the point of high school sports? Is it to be a state champ and win at all cost or develop life skills and character? Obviously both would be best, but I would rather have a kid never make it to state and treat refs, his opponenets, teammates, and coaches with respect and do things the right way then swear, taunt, etc.

Try and swear at your boss and question his judgement and see what happens today.
and take her/him to court if the response wasn't what you thought  ;D

bigG

Officials shouldn't be bosses, they should be friends and enablers, like maw 'n' paw.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigG on March 04, 2019, 08:09:27 AM

Officials shouldn't be bosses, they should be friends and enablers, like maw 'n' paw.
Then change boss to coworker and see how that works. Will be a similar situation.

bigG

I was joking. Silly we'd have to hone rules to a few kids who lose control. Enabling at its finest.

GradeTough

I saw the video. The headbutt was real but didn't seem over the top but I can see why he would be dinged. The wrestler shouldn't be doing a stalling call. That's where he crossed the line for sure. Didn't get the 3rd call but didn't see the angle of the ref. From the video perspective it didn't seem extreme. The ref was obviously very emotionally charged though. Over the top in my opinion. Kids just need to be smart and adjust. You are going to have all types of refs especially at these big tournaments, just perform and leave all the college antics out.

OneEyedFatMan

So is the butt-drag legal or illegal?- THAT is the question.
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

GradeTough

Quote from: OneEyedFatMan on March 04, 2019, 09:07:34 AM
So is the butt-drag legal or illegal?- THAT is the question.
The ref is saying a butt drag with fingers in the butt is illegal but a butt drag while pulling on the cheeks is. That is what I got from the argument. Heck, grab what you can and pull hard.

bigG

Long as the butt dragger doesn't get his/her hand caught up in the "action."

briggs

What you don't see is, and I'm totally guessing, that there is probably a history behind the call.  The ref purposely walked behind to see if he was truly taking his temp.  I wonder if this has been brought up in previous meetings, matches etc..