WIAA--How can this be?

Started by mhsfan2, March 14, 2018, 06:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhsfan2

A Friend just sent me an article about a Milwaukee Washington Junior convicted of being party to an armed robbery in January and hasn't missed a game and will be playing in The State Tourney this Wk. Past history The WIAA has stripped A State Wrestling Title from a boy for Disorderly Conduct, and not allowed wrestlers and other athletes not compete in their sport because they had 1 meet to many. Where is the justice?

ramjet

maybe Tony Evers is running the WIAA?

ocwrestler

LKing

I read the same article.   :o

ramjet

Quote from: ocwrestler on March 14, 2018, 07:23:51 PM
Quote from: ramjet on March 14, 2018, 07:02:35 PM

maybe Scott Walker is?

That would be much better at least then it would be a direction of accountability.  ;D

silent_but_deadly

The article I just read about the student from last year says:

QuotePer the Milwaukee Public Schools athletic code of conduct, XXXX was suspended 25% of his next athletic season as a result of the charge. He served that penalty during cross country season and will be available to the Purgolders basketball team at the start of the season.

From the article the kid has really turned his life around after the arrest and the school handled it. 

ramjet

Quote from: silent_but_deadly on March 14, 2018, 08:29:00 PM
The article I just read about the student from last year says:

QuotePer the Milwaukee Public Schools athletic code of conduct, XXXX was suspended 25% of his next athletic season as a result of the charge. He served that penalty during cross country season and will be available to the Purgolders basketball team at the start of the season.

From the article the kid has really turned his life around after the arrest and the school handled it. 

Sure the school handled it...... ;D

mhsfan2

Served his percentage before conviction. So go out for a fall sport sit out then you got a free one coming.

silent_but_deadly

Quote from: mhsfan2 on March 14, 2018, 08:40:23 PM
Served his percentage before conviction. So go out for a fall sport sit out then you got a free one coming.

Actually the article said that was his second year going out for cross country...

greysquirrelmobile

I know this doesn't pass the smell test, but check the athletic codes in your school.  Read it and ask what would happen?  The kid served the consequence for the violation.  The District cannot come back after the fact and say , oh well I meant something different now. 

ocwrestler

Quote from: ramjet on March 14, 2018, 08:24:51 PM
Quote from: ocwrestler on March 14, 2018, 07:23:51 PM

maybe Scott Walker is?

That would be much better at least then it would be a direction of accountability.  ;D

Accountable to who is the real question? David and Charles?

Say-Say

Looking at the WIAA site, it looks like the C.O.C. is school-based:

QuoteI. coDe oF conDuct
WIAA rules require that all schools have a code of conduct, which they enforce on a year-round basis. WIAA rules do not indicate specific penalties, other than stating in-season violations involving possession and/or use of alcohol, possession and/or use of tobacco products and/or the possession, use, buying or selling of controlled substances must result in at least a one-game (not scrimmage) suspension. Any suspension, which results in a student missing any portion of WIAA tournament competition, results in that athlete being ineligible for the remainder of the
WIAA tournament series in that sport.

So one WI school might have sat him out an entire season, and another 25% of a season.  Am I reading that correct?

https://www.wiaawi.org/Portals/0/PDF/Eligibility/WIAARules201718.pdf

greysquirrelmobile

That's correct.  As a member you must meet the minimum standard, but each school can determine the correlating consequence and due process.  Seriously, ask your own a.d. the consequence if it happened in your school.  I bet there would be nothing in your handbook prohibiting it.

MNbadger

Again?!?!?!? Ramjet, why do you have such a hard time keeping yoiurself from doing this?  Is it arrested development, lack of education or what?  This is supposed to be about wrestling and it is clear to everyone else that politics are not allowed/expected.  Please stop with the politcal hit and run.  There are sites where you can go to do this kind of thing. 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

imnofish

Quote from: MNbadger on March 14, 2018, 11:49:54 PM
Again?!?!?!? Ramjet, why do you have such a hard time keeping yoiurself from doing this?  Is it arrested development, lack of education or what?  This is supposed to be about wrestling and it is clear to everyone else that politics are not allowed/expected.  Please stop with the politcal hit and run.  There are sites where you can go to do this kind of thing. 

+1 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!