Fargo results

Started by JacobRaschka, July 15, 2023, 08:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bud

What a fantastic match for Koy!! A great student of the game to make the adjustments nessesary to put away the big fella after falling behind early.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

dman

How many of those kids were Askren kids?

Troy Grindle

I just watched the Attao/Hopke match.  What a match.  I was really impressed how well Attao moved for how big he is.  Hopke just kept coming at him and was relentless.  Does anyone know what they weighed in at?  Attao looks like a full 285 and Hopke around 220???  Those are going to be some really really  good 285 in college if they keep progressing at the clip they have been.  Congrats to Hopke for the win!
And then there was that.

Ghetto

Five freaking champs. Let that sink in.

Five junior champs. Illinois had two, Pennsylvania had two. While PA won the team title, they did it on volume, not the highest level dudes that Wisconsin had.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

hutgoose

Amazing performance. Who's in the next crop of AWA kids coming up!? We need to keep this up! Go Team Wisconsin!

Ghetto

Just watched Hopkes comeback win. That was fun. He wrestled with movement, to his style rather than Attaos. Really nice adjustment in the second period.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Agreed, straight on wasn't going to work!

Jbsi

Quote from: Troy Grindle on July 20, 2023, 01:05:38 PMI just watched the Attao/Hopke match.  What a match.  I was really impressed how well Attao moved for how big he is.  Hopke just kept coming at him and was relentless.  Does anyone know what they weighed in at?  Attao looks like a full 285 and Hopke around 220???  Those are going to be some really really  good 285 in college if they keep progressing at the clip they have been.  Congrats to Hopke for the win!

Aden weighed 282 in the morning weigh in. Koy was 225

rankwizard

Quote from: Jbsi on July 21, 2023, 12:53:04 PM
Quote from: Troy Grindle on July 20, 2023, 01:05:38 PMI just watched the Attao/Hopke match.  What a match.  I was really impressed how well Attao moved for how big he is.  Hopke just kept coming at him and was relentless.  Does anyone know what they weighed in at?  Attao looks like a full 285 and Hopke around 220???  Those are going to be some really really  good 285 in college if they keep progressing at the clip they have been.  Congrats to Hopke for the win!

Aden weighed 282 in the morning weigh in. Koy was 225

Seems like you were spot on about the weights, Troy :)

I look forward to Koy's future, great humble young man.

memyselfandi

Let's show Greco some love

Juniors

Both Kale Roth and Easton Cooper come back after taking 2nd at Greco State to take 7th and 8th. Easton Cooper as well took out WI's returning AA Charlie Meudt in the bloodrounds.
Brett Back back from injury comes back and takes 4th, taking out multiple AA's and u17 WTT finalist on the way.
Brayten Casey fights through injuries to make the semi's, then forfeiting out to take 6th.
TJ Schierl continues his great greco season making the podium for the first time, 5th. Also he avenged a loss at Northern Plain in his 5th place match.
Amryn Nutter places 7th as a first year junior.
Caden Young takes 4th after making the finals in 2021.
Ashton Miess wins fargo after only giving up 2 points the whole tournament

rankwizard

Colt Weiler did great

harley25

Great showing by Wisconsin, very impressive.

Again I have no skin in this debate but It is a little concerning to have 6 Fargo champs and Zero going to Madison but I do understand both sides of the coin and wish all of them the best of luck in what looks like some very promising college careers

littleguy301

Quote from: harley25 on July 24, 2023, 08:41:49 AMGreat showing by Wisconsin, very impressive.

Again I have no skin in this debate but It is a little concerning to have 6 Fargo champs and Zero going to Madison but I do understand both sides of the coin and wish all of them the best of luck in what looks like some very promising college careers

Add in last year and you have even more but each to their own!

The cookie crumbles in many ways. Bono has brought in guys and we need to get behind those guys! Let's let bono/reader devople the guys that are coming and let's see how it plays out!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Army Ant

Outstanding junior freestyle performance and fairly decent overall. Overall not as great due to zero champs at any other level (16U) or style (Greco or girls) from what I saw.

memyselfandi

Quote from: Army Ant on July 25, 2023, 12:13:19 PMOutstanding junior freestyle performance and fairly decent overall. Overall not as great due to zero champs at any other level (16U) or style (Greco or girls) from what I saw.
Ashton Miess Jr Greco won