Updated analysis of WIAA's proposed Tournament Performance Factor -Winter Sports

Started by No One Cares, June 28, 2023, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjchev141

"It is important to note this is ONLY for team wrestling state tournament, not for the individual wrestling state tournament."

How does this work?

piratestrong

I believe it will be for both individual and team since teams qualify for team sectionals at individual regionals.

rankwizard

Yes... i assume they were working with limited information on the changes. Can't have one without the other in this sport.

rjchev141

The line I included was directly from the article, which doesn't make sense for wrestling, and therefore I was wondering how that could occur.  The article has now been updated to read:

It is important to note this is ONLY for team wrestling state tournament, not for the individual wrestling state tournament. CORRECTION: The WIAA has provided clarification that both teams and individuals from teams who meet the point threshold will be bumped up divisions.

CLC FAN

I'm guessing the original line meant that the success that would bump a team up a division is team success - which seems like it didn't really need to be stated.

rankwizard

This will be an interesting storyline next off-season for sure. Lux Casco and Fennimore likely moving up with a few other teams.

Not sure how the appeal process would be considered and who be the "judge" of who deserves to stay at their decision or get bumped up.