Badgers

Started by Houndhead, November 15, 2016, 10:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndhead

When the season started, who thought the Badgers would hold the keys to a National Championship at this point? If the Badgers win out, chances are really good they would win it all. The only roadblock I see is if none of the teams ahead of the Badgers lose and Ohio State beats Michigan. UW would play PSU in the Big Ten championship and OSU would stay in the top 4 without winning the Big Ten.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Houndhead on November 15, 2016, 10:34:24 AM
When the season started, who thought the Badgers would hold the keys to a National Championship at this point? If the Badgers win out, chances are really good they would win it all. The only roadblock I see is if none of the teams ahead of the Badgers lose and Ohio State beats Michigan. UW would play PSU in the Big Ten championship and OSU would stay in the top 4 without winning the Big Ten.

Most of the "experts" around Madison here (and they tend to be homers) had them at this point of the season being 5-5, and as of now they have an excellent chance of being 11-2 after the B1G Champ game, who would of thunk...

I will be the first to say, I questioned the Chryst hire, but he has done a fantastic job, with a really young and often makeshift offensive line and two pretty green QB's

I think going with Horinbrook is good for the future, but I still think Houston gives them a slight edge now.  I would tend to go with the here and now, but when Hornibrook is B1G MVP in 3 yrs, I would be wrong.  :)
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Ghetto

I looked at the schedule before the season and thought 6-5 or somewhere around there. LSU, Ohio State, Michigan for sure were losses, and they always seem to lose a game or two (Iowa last year) that they shouldn't.

They've played crazy good defense despite the loss of Dave Aranda. While the offense at times struggles, they seem to get more production out of the passing game than in years past. Hornibrook looks good for a freshman, and even in down years the running game should be good. Dare Ogunbawale (I know I butchered that) looks like a real RB, and Corey Clement is healthier than normal.

I hate to be too optimistic, but there's no reason they shouldn't be in the Big Ten championship.

Going forward, the future looks bright. If Hornibrook is above average, the next three years should be in the top 10. The running game, with all the monsters up front that have been recruited, will be a constant. The defense has been crazy good and the new D coordinator seems to have picked up right where Aranda left off.

At least one Wisconsin football team is playing well.  ::)

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ElectricGuy

Another bright future is RB - Shaw - that kid has shown some flashes of "wow he just did that"
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

ramjet

Badgers should win out Penn State will be a tough challenge but I just do not think they get in the top four. Not in the cards and the committee just does not co spider every aspect and it is still flawed system. Best way is conference champions In a playoff. Too many media darlings that are not the Badgers. Pessimistic? Yup

Best thing about this season though is not listening to Colin Cowherd yap yap yap about how dominate the SEC is  ::)

Big 10 has been impressive this year.

Badgers defense outstanding.

Badgers are allot more fun to watch than the Packers..... >:(

Hornibrook has to work on his throwing mechanics.

Running game ....... it's Wisconsin what more can you say.

Finish strong Badgers.

imnofish

Ramjet, listening to the media pukes, I suspect you are right about the Badgers being left out of the playoffs.  The "experts" have been pushing the narrative that the Buckeyes could still be in the playoff, without even playing in the B1G title game.  I hope we are both wrong and that they get their chance.  All they can do is finish strong and keep winning one game at a time. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

If the Badgers win the Big10, they will be in the playoff. Louisville lost to Houston last nite.

Handles II

Remember that this is a rankings based system to get into the play offs. Winning a conference championship (or not) isn't an automatic qualifier, and head-to-head, Ohio State beat the badgers.
I think IF Wisconsin gets Michigan and beats them in the BIG,  then we will go, any other variables make it less likely.

bkraus

I think it would take a couple variables for UW.  Washington and Penn State would need to lose in the next two weeks before the conference championship games.  Then the Badgers would have to run the table and beat either OSU or Mich in the Big Ten title game to even get a look.  If those dominos all fall into place, they would probably get a date with Alabama.
Strive for Perfection

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on November 18, 2016, 06:56:24 AM
If the Badgers win the Big10, they will be in the playoff. Louisville lost to Houston last nite.

Great news!  That should open the door a bit.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!