Badgers v Northwestern

Started by npope, November 22, 2015, 08:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Given that I am out-of-state, I did not get a chance to actually see the UW-NW game. That said, I have seen the box score and read a short review of the game on the local Madison news. At first, based on the box score, it just sounded like Bucky was constantly tripping over its own feet during the entire game - trying to give it to NW (who seemed reluctant to accept the W). Then, based on a couple of clips I see related to what appear to be some highly questionable (non)calls against the Badgers, it appears they actually got hosed (in addition to stinking up the place).

Was the whole game as bad as it would appear? Did the snow balls thrown at the refs deserve to be laced with some rocks?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Ghetto

I didn't see the game.

I wonder if other recruits won't look at the way the Badgers have burned Corey Clement and decide to go elsewhere.

Gary Anderson recruited guys not suited to play Wisconsin football. Smaller lineman, mediocre RB, and ignoring the in state walk ons that have made big impacts have really hurt the talent level for the time being. It's gonna be a year or two.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Quote from: Goat Roper on November 22, 2015, 09:36:18 AM
The Badgers got ripped off on the punt return that was called back.  Refereeing was terrible on that play.

Horrible. I do wonder what the ref thinks when he reviews the call. What did he see that was an illegal fair catch signal. Erickson is doing the incomplete signal or as anyone knows on a short punt stay away. Hands were at his waist! Terrible call.

Last two calls were correct in the endzone.

imnofish

Hated the non-call (obvious holding/pass interference) in the end zone, on the last play of the game.  I find it hard to believe that a receiver can field a pass and have it secured for 4 steps, but somehow not (technically) complete the catch.   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

how our coach keep stave in that game after the first QT is beyond me!...god he sucks!
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

littleguy301

maggie how can you say that.

Stave took a 3 step drop and he was greeted by the DE that blew past the tackle to get there.

I will agree that Stave isnt a top teir QB but man he needs protection to do something which on Satuarday he wasnt getting much.

maggie, my wife noticed that early. While some in my section were booing Stave, my wife leaned over to me and asked why because he wasnt even getting a chance to run, get his arm up or anything before being hit.

By the way, I see number 93 for northwestern is back, last name Kuhar? was the HWT for St Edwards a few years back and ranked number 2 in the nation his senior year. Man that St Edwards team was stocked. By the way the 220 pounder had to cut some serious weight to get to 220 because of the HWT, an by the way that 220 is now a top D1 guy from Virginia Tech named Ty Walz.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

a 3 step drop, yes, i seen that also, all day long!....Houston takes a pro 7 step drop and get there in a Dang hurry. as to where stave can't!...it was all about the speed, stave has NONE!... :D,,,that kids a beast!....ha, after that first turnover, I would have jerked him, i believe had we done that, we would still be looking at playing on new yrs day...as it is, MINN will do the same to us if he's in there, there D backs are better than NW are...IMO...............bottom line is, it looks as tho the big Ten teams will get throttled in bowl games,,,but i hope not...

imnofish

Given the O-line problems and the lack of a run game, Stave has been Wisconsin's ace in the hole this year.  Without him, they would have had a losing record this year, IMO.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

maggie

MINN didn't show up for there biggest game of the yr...WTH

imnofish

Wisconsin didn't let them show up.