Badger QB Situation

Started by npope, August 06, 2014, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

I just read an article that the Badgers will have an open competition for QB this year - Stave vs. McEvoy. Forgive me, but does this sound not good for Bucky? Stave was serviceable last year, but nothing special. I know Stave put up some interesting numbers last year, but...

Now he is being challenged (evidently seriously) by a guy who the team thought it could better use as defensive back last year. That doesn't sound good.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

imnofish

It doesn't sound good, but how much do we really know about his competition at this point?  Has he been continually working to improve his QB skills?  What kind of progress has either of them made since last year?  Maybe this situation will bring out the best in both of them, bringing greater depth to the Badgers offense.  Let's hope that's the case.   :-\
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

I look at it in another way.

Tanner M was such a good athlete they had to get him on the field last year at any cost and he did well at safety.

He was recruited to be a QB but in an artlicle I read he was behind on learning the QB spot last year but showed great skills that the Badgers wanted him on the field. While he was playing SS he was also working with the QB last fall also to catch up and be a serious threat to the job this year.

I think that Tanner M has a huge upside at QB for the Badgers just to bad it is only going to be a short time and we might not see what he could have been though I hope we see enough this year to be in the Big Ten title game ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

We all seen last yr that stave could get he ball to the wideouts...we need a QB that can RUN the ball to be in a title race....TM gives us that....but ya can't take away experience ...we might see a 2 QB system...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

DrSnide

I like the idea of TM but part of me worrys we are losing a potentially very good safety for a slight upgrate at QB

but we may need a running QB to be productive - lot of inexerpiene at WR so passing yards may be hard to come by regardless of who is throwing the ball.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

dad 2 5

I am not sold on TM but also have not seen him in a game situation to make that call. I almost think that the d line is the real key to this team. If they play well as a new group they could have a very good year.