Say it ain't so

Started by Houndhead, March 26, 2013, 04:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndhead

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/200101321.html?ipad=y

Now I threw up in my mouth a whole bunch. I'm hoping this is only until Cory Hart returns. Hard to believe they really need a average defending that swings at anything.

DrSnide

Quote from: Houndhead on March 26, 2013, 04:36:51 PM

Now I threw up in my mouth a whole bunch. I'm hoping this is only until Cory Hart returns. Hard to believe they really need a average defending that swings at anything.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first saw this I thought maybe they signed Carlos Lee to play 1st for a month.  Little did I know it was much, much, worse.

Average defender may be a stretch (at least as a SS).  Actually, as a sub (never, never, ever, ever as a starter) I guess you could do worse.  Maybe ???.   Forget until Hart comes back, how about no longer than until Green comes off IR.  
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Houndhead

Quote from: DrSnide on March 26, 2013, 05:02:45 PM

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first saw this I thought maybe they signed Carlos Lee to play 1st for a month.  Little did I know it was much, much, worse.

Average defender may be a stretch (at least as a SS).  Actually, as a sub (never, never, ever, ever as a starter) I guess you could do worse.  Maybe ???.   Forget until Hart comes back, how about no longer than until Green comes off IR.  

Ok, every at bat by Yuni B is one at bat too many. He is exactly the type of player this team doesn't need.

bigoil

If I fell over to my right I'd show more range than he has :)

Scourge

Quote from: Houndhead on March 26, 2013, 05:20:08 PM
Quote from: DrSnide on March 26, 2013, 05:02:45 PM

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, every at bat by Yuni B is one at bat too many. He is exactly the type of player this team doesn't need.

Let me preface this by saying he's literally had the worst years of any EVERYDAY players the last few years before he was traded to Milwaukee.  His limited D at SS, his low OBP.

But as basically a third string SS...this isn't the worst thing in the world.   Comes off the bench late in the game...puts the ball in play.  Good if you need to play situational baseball...and that's about the nicest possible way I can describe Yuni B.  "Not the worst thing in the world." 

And by the way, I'd GLADY take Carlos Lee to come in and play 1st base for the minimum.

Ghetto

Good old Yuni B. Not sure why we'd want him.

Do the Brewers seem to lack the depth they had in recent years? Why is Khris Davis the guy hitting off the bench? Shouldn't we have a guy with a bit more seasoning? Are they showcasing him for other teams, since there's a log jam of guys in the OF? Are the Brewers admitting that they don't have the talent to contend? IDK.

It just seems odd to not have that veteran bat in the lineup. A guy who has seen it all.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Scourge

Quote from: Ghetto on April 04, 2013, 09:59:21 PM
Good old Yuni B. Not sure why we'd want him.

Do the Brewers seem to lack the depth they had in recent years? Why is Khris Davis the guy hitting off the bench? Shouldn't we have a guy with a bit more seasoning? Are they showcasing him for other teams, since there's a log jam of guys in the OF? Are the Brewers admitting that they don't have the talent to contend? IDK.

It just seems odd to not have that veteran bat in the lineup. A guy who has seen it all.

I think Khris Davis made the team because he had a HUGE spring and he's hit well virtually everywhere he's been.  But I also suspect he'll be back down by may.  I don't think he's quite ready.  I think the Brewers made a mistake by not going with Hunter Morris. 

One game, but he did go 2-4 with a double and a HR with 4 RBI's.  I think for the short term he'd have provided more protection than Agon and definitely more than Yuni.  But...conversely, he had a terrible spring. 

What's even more confusing is why they don't at least try Khris Davis at 1st base?  He can't play RF or CF and I read the article in the paper about how moving to 1st base is so much harder than people think and that's the rationale for not moving Davis there.  That's ridiculous.  They moved Hart from 1st to 3rd to CF/RF then back to 1st.  Why would the Brewers of all team have one of their top young hitters play exclusively at LF?  Kiiiiinda got that position covered. 

By the way, Thornburg gets the W for AA on opening day with 7 K's 1 BB, 3H and 1 ER in 5 for Nashville.  I think he'll make an impact by the time the seasons out.  Same with Jimmy Nelson.