BRTC Update

Started by Ty Clark, May 08, 2017, 06:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty Clark

Today's BRTC email from Tyler Turner for any of you who haven't signed up for the newsletter yet.

QuoteBig News

We have some very exciting news from the Badger RTC... Isaac Jordan has decided to continue to train for World and Olympic success with the BRTC! This is amazing news for us as an rtc, the state of WI, & wrestling as a whole. We can't wait to see Isaac succeed at the senior level, like he did at the UW.

As many of you know Isaac was one of the most successful Badger wrestlers of all time and he is excited to continue his career with the BRTC. He will start training full time in the fall. He has already begun to learn and grow in his knowledge of freestyle and he can't wait to get on the mat and compete again in a red singlet... this time with the Badger RTC.

He will join Nazar Kulchytskyy, who just placed 2nd at the US Open, as they pursue being the best. We are excited to have both of them take the training center closer to being world level. These two men will be the foundation of growth as we move forward.

One of the components of a successful RTC is men who are training full-time. From the start of the BRTC in January our goal was to get high quality wrestlers, and men, in the room to take it to a new level. With Nazar and Isaac, we are on our way to making this happen.  

As we continue to grow our army, momentum is building, and more and more people are jumping aboard. We would love to have YOUR support as we move towards supporting and cultivating passionate wrestlers and courageous men.  

Don't forget about the first annual BRTC Golf outing on May 27th. We still have space for more golfers and we can always use your support as a hole sponsors. This is a great way to jump in and help us reach our goals!  

The Badger 100 continues to grind along. Every person can make a difference no matter the monthly amount. We have people helping at $10 a month to almost $200 a month. Thanks to all already helping make this a reality.  

As always, check out our social media pages for updates as we will be posting periodically with updates and insider information. We are also on Twitter @BadgerRTC. Here is the link to become a member of the "Badger Regional Training Center - BRTC" Facebook group.

Below are some great results from the past couple weekends. We expect these results to only get better. We look forward to connecting again in a few weeks.

Thanks for your time and support!
Tyler Turner
Badger Regional Training Center Executive Director
Badger Wrestling Team Member (2002-2007) / 3-Year Captain
Badger All-American 2007
Tyler@BadgerRTC.org

Badger RTC Athlete Results

US Open Results
Senior Division
Nazar Kulchytskyy - Runner-Up @70kg

Junior Division
Jacob Covaciu - Champion @79kg Freestyle
Tyler Dow - Champion @70kg Greco
Evan Wick - Third @74kg Freestyle
Cole Martin - Seventh @66kg Freestyle
Brady Wetter - Eighth @96kg Freestyle

Pan Am Games Results
Kyle Ruschell - Champion @74kg Freestyle
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain

Harris

That's awesome!  Great news about Jordan.

Ghetto

Super interesting.

Jordan never wrestled freestyle at all in his collegiate career, right? I don't remember him at WTT or the US Opens.

Maybe he's like the rest of us who realize that once their career is over, it's over. Maybe he wants to prolong that.

I've always thought of him as a smart wrestler, so picking up techniques for freestyle shouldn't be all that tough for him. Having Nazar and Kyle Ruschell in the room to train with around that weight will be huge. I wonder what weight he'll go? 74kg? That weight is loaded. He is probably too small to go to 86.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

hammen

Great news indeed. Zeke has fairly limited freestyle experience - wrestled fila jrs at least once when it was held in Madison about 5 or so years ago. Has the style that should transition well.

wrastle63

Does the BRTC do any fundraising like Univeristy Nationals challenge. I saw Iowa has a fundraiser were you put down a $ amount per win for the team. Would be a good way to raise money. Would also incentive the BRTC to do as well as possible and send as many guys as possible.

hammen

Maintains great position, solid defense, can control the center, and has the ability to finish a high percentage of his shots when he pulls the trigger.

Ghetto

Quote from: thedecider on May 10, 2017, 11:29:50 AM
Quote from: hammen on May 10, 2017, 10:37:42 AM
Maintains great position, solid defense, can control the center, and has the ability to finish a high percentage of his shots when he pulls the trigger.

yeah, that really sets him apart from the rest of those guys. 

I think it is a quality that will help him against international guys. Our guys are, generally, more athletic, but don't hold position and butt in the center. Against our guys, will he be able to score as much? IDK
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove