the-top-25-from-the-high-school-class-of-2012

Started by Houndhead, April 13, 2017, 09:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Great read. Thanks for posting. Some pretty impressive ranked and unranked studs.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Houndhead

This is what really caught my eye.

only two of the top 10-ranked recruits ever earned All-American honors. A further 14 of the top 50 recruits from the class of 2012 never qualified for a single NCAA tournament.

wrastle63

Quote from: Houndhead on April 13, 2017, 10:59:43 AM

only two of the top 10-ranked recruits ever earned All-American honors. A further 14 of the top 50 recruits from the class of 2012 never qualified for a single NCAA tournament.
Must not develop too horrible then if we had a 4x all american.

leg turk

Quote from: wrastle63 on April 13, 2017, 11:17:56 AM

Lol, really?  He was going to be a 4x no matter where he went.

wrastle63

Quote from: leg turk on April 13, 2017, 11:29:05 AM

A further 14 of the top 50 recruits from the class of 2012 never qualified for a single NCAA tournament.
Just like these guys?

leg turk

Quote from: wrastle63 on April 13, 2017, 12:04:09 PM
Quote from: leg turk on April 13, 2017, 11:29:05 AM

A further 14 of the top 50 recruits from the class of 2012 never qualified for a single NCAA tournament.
Just like these guys?

I didn't say anything about the rest of those guys, only Zeke... The culture that he grew up, wrestling everyday of his life, the Father, the Uncle, the cousins, etc.... He knew exactly what it was going to take to win, before he ever stepped foot in Madison!  HE would have been a 4 timer in any major wrestling school that HE went to.

wrastle63

Actually not a Barry fan. He does an alright job. If you could read I have been all over getting Ben to coach.

Also there are other wrestlers in that top 50 I am sure who had brothers, cousins, fathers, etc who wrestled in College. Not saying it is identical but still.

Black Cloud

I agree, I don't think it mattered where Zeke went. 

bigG

Wish it worked like that. Being "meant to be" out of HS doesn't always pan out; as we've learned in WI. Zeke's cousins are doing about as well at tOSU. I think Ryan is a satisfactory coach. Among the very best, really. Jeff Jordan was a big blue chipper out of HS. I never blamed ole Russ the bear for his not winning the NCAAs.

Still, I'm for a Ben Askren change.

mkm13

Bo is doing about as well, but I would still give the edge to Isaac as he beat him every time they met.  Bo also entered college as a higher ranked recruit.  Isaac may have been a 4 time AA at any major college (you could say the same about a lot of great wrestlers), but you also have to say the coaching staff worked with him well to get him to where he was at his junior and senior year.

bigG

Would you say the same of Zeke making the finals; losing only to a WI born brute? Or, was that just written in the stars in HS?

littleguy301

Zeke came in with a heavy genetic background. Though a four sure 4 timer is a stretch. I think that Beske is/was high ranked and it is going to be a tough road for him being a 4 timer though I feel he can do it.

I do say that BD right the Jordan ship and helped him be a 4 timer along with rest of the staff. Though I will say I think he was ready made and it took some fine tuning.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

wrastle63

So who are the guaranteed 4 timers coming in as freshman so I can watch for them.

leg turk