Hmmm

Started by Quack, November 01, 2015, 02:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMsDad

Kneeslide,
I was talking politics in general and how it looks. Not the WWF specifically. I'm just saying people see others complain about or question decisions of organizations and think "Politics as usual" no sense of me getting involved.

Quack

Quote from: kneeslide on November 18, 2015, 07:47:50 PM
Quote from: HMsDad on November 18, 2015, 10:00:26 AM
Everything comes down to politics and by how people look at situations. That's a big reason people don't step up to help out.

I would disagree with the above statement.  Politics may be one of the reasons but is probably low on the list of reasons.  I believe that the time commitment needed in all volunteer organizations is high on the list.   

Another reason would be that they do not want to have to deal with the parents.  This statement will probably offend a lot of people on here but it is true.  If you were to poll coaches for example when they resign or retire will most likely state that parent involvement was one of the main reasons for leaving.  This happens in all sports.

These volunteer positions can be very taxing on people because of the reasons above.  There are many times when meetings are taking place and this takes volunteers away from their families.  Many people will come on the forum and challenge the decisions that are being made.  I can assure you that before decisions are made in the WWF many discussions take place.  We try to look at everything from all angles.  We do not expect everyone to agree with what is being done but rest assured we try to make decisions in the best interest of the athletes.  We want to give them the best experiences possible.

I have been on the WWF board for 7 years now and will never regret it as I love working with these people and for the members.  I did not understand how decisions were made and so I decided to get involved.  When you look at the members of the board there is an unbelievable amount of experience and knowledge.  All of these people love the sport of wrestling and have the best interests of your athlete at heart.  The WWF is looked upon as a model organization nationwide.  Our tournament series is second to none nationally.

Alaina Berube is an unbelievable leader for the Women's program.  She has the experience and knowledge to take this program to the next level.  We should feel blessed to have her in this position.  Let's embrace her and support her in this position.

I am sure some of you may attack me for this post and that is fine if you feel the need.  I will be one of the many volunteers at the tournament series setting up mats, working throughout the tournament and tearing down mats so that your athlete can have a great experience.  Please feel free to approach me at any time and say "Hello" and let's talk some wrestling.  The other volunteers would love to hear from you at the tournaments or anytime.  Remember that a "Thank You" to any of the volunteers will make them feel great.  It is very much appreciated.

Good Luck to everyone this wrestling season and hope to see you around the mats
Todd Schaaf
WWF Vice Chairman

Since the original post was about what the WWF does, and not about Alaina. But has been turned that way. What has she done? For Wisconsin that is.Please inform us? I was with the program for the last year with her in charge and all I have seen is her being a part of taking Body Bar away as a sponsored tourney for all our cadets and juniors, same tourney Terry Stiener says that is the main tourney the girls should be at. Yes girls did get to go last year, because Randy and myself took them on our own.
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

Kickball

Ok, so are we getting to the real issue yet?

It is not about the Women's Director, Alaina. We are all agreed that she is well qualified.

It is not about the WWF process of electing her Director since all of the existing bylaws were followed. If they were to enact an additional bylaw saying if you move from the state, you must give up your position, it would be too late to apply to her anyway.

Is it about the WWF not supporting Body Bar at late notice last season? Could the WWF have handled that better? Sure. One thing they could really improve upon is communication. Body Bar 2016 is on the WWF Women's schedule for this next season. I'm confident we will be there and with WWF support.

It's sounds like you are upset with the WWF and the decisions they made. Call your district rep, call the State Coach, go to the District and Annual meetings. Airing them out like this on the Forum doesn't solve anything and it doesn't make the program stronger. A strong women's program is the goal. We have some fantastic wrestlers and families who deserve that support.

Quack

You make me laugh. Let's sweep everything under the rug. Let's not let people know what is going on. I have been to my district informational meetings, they are pretty much only good for deciding who will host regionals, voting in a new district rep, and getting dates on already decided about stuff hand out. So what can you get handled there? As far as the state meeting, nope haven't been able to make one, and yes that is my fault I guess. I also laugh at your suggestions on who to call.
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock