Should this leg defense be illegal?

make it illegal
3 (17.6%)
keep it legal
14 (82.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

philschanen123abc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCYm6e_MTUE

a thought would be to have the leg defense used in the first ten seconds of this match be illegal. 

the reasoning is that it could be considered suicide leg defense, ligament - tendon suicide

comments welcome besides the voting

hasbeen

I don't see how you could make something like that illegal ?? The ref handled it appropriately by stopping the match when it became potentially dangerous. I don't think a wrestler can purposely put himself in that situation otherwise you'd be seeing it all over already. Not a big deal.

yaknowwhatimean?

Every time I see this, I absolutely cringe.  Should be potentially dangerous at the very least.  And right away. 

Ty Clark

You do see wrestlers with rubber knees put themselves in these situations to avoid being taken down. Yes, the ref should stop it as potentially dangerous, but, in my opinion, if the wrestler keeps doing it, it should be called stalling. It's a lot like throwing legs in when a guy stands up to get a PD call. It's nothing more than avoiding action/fleeing a hold.
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain