Finals pick em, ( just for fun)

Started by J Feiner, March 18, 2017, 12:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micah

IMar's style completely changed after he lost to Nolf.  He no longer wrestles high energy.

mkm13

It was a fun finals to watch.  Medberry did well considering who he was going up against.  I enjoyed the run PSU had (crazy the talent they have).  They have become my 2nd favorite team.  They are very fun to watch, and watching them lap Iowa is great (I hate Iowa).

gijd

Penn State is going to be extremely tough to beat. 5 returning national champs, returning AA at HWT, a healthy Nick Suriano, and who knows what else they decide to put in the line up. Impressive team, can't imagine the battles that occur in their room on a daily basis.

MNbadger

Everyone does....... (hate Iowa).
Quote from: mkm13 on March 19, 2017, 01:37:08 PM
It was a fun finals to watch.  Medberry did well considering who he was going up against.  I enjoyed the run PSU had (crazy the talent they have).  They have become my 2nd favorite team.  They are very fun to watch, and watching them lap Iowa is great (I hate Iowa).
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Huckfinn

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on March 19, 2017, 12:31:51 PM
Imar had the option to let the underhook go and belly down, so he did a Realbuto. And I do agree with you that he was getting his but whooped.

The first part of your statement is true.   But Realbuto pulled a gadget throw when he was ahead, probably just an instinctive move that came out of muscle memory.     I love the Realbutos and Palacios and Chandler Rodgers because of those big moves.  So guess if I have live vicariously by the sword I have to die by it too.  I wept inside when Realbuto blew it.  (I forget what you call Realbuto's move, but it smelled like a cement mixer. )

You might be right that Imar was foolish, but I see it differently.  Every decade or so I am wrong.

bigG

Quote from: Micah on March 19, 2017, 01:12:42 PM
IMar's style completely changed after he lost to Nolf.  He no longer wrestles high energy.

Those lungs were pumpin' though. He was getting frustrated; just what he said he had to fight in the prematch chat. Said he had to fight his emotions so they didn't play a role. I dunno. He just got beat.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

SP

Realbuto tried to hit a "High Flyer". Both guys on their feet and Jordan had a head outside single leg.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

Huckfinn

Quote from: SP on March 20, 2017, 08:17:50 AM
Realbuto tried to hit a "High Flyer". Both guys on their feet and Jordan had a head outside single leg.

Ya, I saw a demo on Flo, and it was a high flyer.  Thanks.  Both the cement mixer and high flyer are twisting into a tight half, but the high flyer is rolling more backwards.

I don't think junk moves are likely to work against a strong and balanced guy like Bo Jordan.  Although they say that Realbuto is super strong himself.

Ghetto

Quote from: Huckfinn on March 20, 2017, 01:30:56 PM
Quote from: SP on March 20, 2017, 08:17:50 AM

Ya, I saw a demo on Flo, and it was a high flyer.  Thanks.  Both the cement mixer and high flyer are twisting into a tight half, but the high flyer is rolling more backwards.

I don't think junk moves are likely to work against a strong and balanced guy like Bo Jordan.  Although they say that Realbuto is super strong himself.

Realbuto's move was a complete head scratcher. He was up three. No reason to go there.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove