Best NCAA finals in a long time

Started by whatever, March 19, 2016, 10:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatever

Those were some great matches up and down the line .... Best finals in a loooooong time.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Micah

So Brands lost a team point in Brooks qtr final match and cost them a tie for fourth.  Not that Iowa cares about taking fourth but still!

whatever

I got so sick of hearing Brands bellering during Iowa guys' finals matches..... They ought to can him like they did Zalesky
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Micah

I heard Chad Zaputil was coaching the Iowa guys in the finals tonight.

littleguy301

Quote from: whatever on March 19, 2016, 10:32:07 PM
I got so sick of hearing Brands bellering during Iowa guys' finals matches..... They ought to can him like they did Zalesky

Well that will never happen, though you have a very interesting point with bringing in Zalesky!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Fun viewing. I don't cheer against anyone; but, there are times when Iowa can be hard to take. I was hoping Wyo might have a champ. Great matches, though. Solid wrestling all the way around; and some impressive sportsmanship by losing wrestlers. McIntosh took it like a man, man.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

vsmf2010

Quote from: bigG on March 21, 2016, 06:56:43 AM
Fun viewing. I don't cheer against anyone; but, there are times when Iowa can be hard to take. I was hoping Wyo might have a champ. Great matches, though. Solid wrestling all the way around; and some impressive sportsmanship by losing wrestlers. McIntosh took it like a man, man.

Completely agree. Great mutual respect in the 97 match. Love that about the sport.

jaguarwrestler

I agree, very pumped for about half he matches and the others that I wasn't so high on turned out great.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

bkraus

I would even go on to say it was the best overall tournament in ages, if not ever.  What a great three days!
Strive for Perfection

Micah

Do we get IMar vs. Nolf for two more years?  I sure hope so this could be an epic rivalry!

TomM

Quote from: Micah on March 19, 2016, 10:42:55 PM
I heard Chad Zaputil was coaching the Iowa guys in the finals tonight.

THAT is funny...  ;)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"