Youth state times overhaul

Started by padre, October 07, 2017, 03:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach V

Ramjet- you couldn't be farther from the truth. This was discussed among everyone at our meeting. Positives and negatives were discussed. We decided the positives were worth a try. We hadn't been able to try this until now. If you have issues with it, bring them up to your district rep or attend your district meeting or attend the annual meeting.

Middle school duals will community and wrestling school divisions. Both at different times. We have an excellent Middle school conference tournament the day before with Gold and silver divisions. Hard to find a good date and the mats will be down yet from Dominate. Excellent step forward.

V

You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

madeyson

Quote from: ramjet on October 08, 2017, 08:44:49 PM
WWF is out of control no longer in touch with the folks that make up thier membership. Small group of folks making decisions based on personal preference not "what's right". Scott be careful how you answer this.......

I am not in what you call the "small group" and I attended our district WWF (of which there was only 4 non-WWF people attending) and voiced my concern with this. However - when hearing the reasons for making this change from the WWF's perspective I do think it is the right thing to try - to be honest is was a great conversation and I walked away feeling like the WWF wants to the input of the membership.

kneeslide

We had 21 people with 15 clubs represented at our district meeting.  This topic was discussed including all of the pros and cons.  It was unanimous with all of the clubs present that this was a great idea. 

I feel that the WWF is listening to it's membership and willing to try and make the experience better for everyone involved.  This includes the participants, parents, and volunteers.  Just because someone does not agree with the decision does not mean that the organization is not listening.  This topic was discussed extensively by the WWF before it was brought to the members. 

benaskren

Ramjet, the district meetings are open to the public.  You don't even have to be a registered club(as Sandy Russell pointed out we were not signed up for the year).  District 3 discussed the proposal and gave feedback.  I can't say what they chose was my first choice but I understand the reason they felt this was necessary and I am willing to give it a try.

As you know I love to fight the power, but I think you are reaching on this one.
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com